World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Ref No: 1701716
Locations: Minna, Bauchi
Contract duration: 6 Months
- Nigeria is the only remaining polio-endemic country in the African Region, but with significant stride to interrupt polio transmission.
- The Nigerian national authorities have intensified efforts to interrupt wild poliovirus transmission within the shortest time possible.
- The intensified polio eradication activities are being undertaken in a manner that would complement ongoing efforts to revitalize and strengthen Primary Health Care within the recently developed framework for National Strategic Health Development Plan (NSHDP).
- Therefore a strong Monitoring and evaluation system with accompanying accountability is indispensable for better guiding the program towards the goals.
- Data Management is a very crucial component to ensure effective implementation of M&E system.
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of IVE focal point and guidance of the state coordinator the monitoring and evaluation officer will carry out the following specific task:
- Capture, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI.
- Update the all Zonal disease databases with results received from the laboratories and WCO
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to states on a bi-weekly frequency.
- Maintain records of all hard copies of documents received from states and those forwarded to WCO through the zone
- Document monthly activities - monthly reports transmitted by the 26th of the month shared with zone
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to ZDM/M&E
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Follow up with states in the zone to acquire complete and timely data.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
- Provide all round data management support to the ZDM
- Perform other activities as required by the Zonal Coordinator
- Essential: Completion of secondary school with relevant training in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training.
- Essential: At least 5 to 7 years’ experience in health related data management. Experience in data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management
- Desirable: Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (QGIS, ArcGIS, Healthmapper etc)
Use of language skills:
- Basic knowledge of ICT, mobile and web - based data technology;
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on tl-ex.vcdp.who.int to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.