The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Department: Academic Advising & Retention, Provost Office
Summary of Position
- The position assesses student needs, goals, interests and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan.
- The position shall collaborate with faculty members to address the academic advising needs of individuals or group of students.
- The position shall report directly to the Academic Advising Coordinator.
- A master's degree in (Higher) Education, Counseling, Psychology or related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least two years’ work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and database applications.
- Conflict resolution and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service experience
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and other staff members;
- Ability to make balanced judgments and decisions;
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Attentive listening skills
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.