Swift Networks Limited is a facilities-based telecommunications services provider. The company was founded in 2002, since inception, Swift Networks has invested heavily in “next generation” networking technologies to build a multi-service network platform. Due to rapid expansion we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill a strategic business position as we hope to maintain our status as the leading broadband connectivity services provider in Nigeria. Uniquely, the work environment offers a first class condition with a very attractive remuneration package.
The job holder must have a Bachelor’s Degree 2nd Class honours (Upper division) in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Applied Science, or other related fields with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification from a reputable organisation. Possession of a Master’s degree and Professional Certifications will be an added advantage.
Successful candidate will be will be an integral link between the company and the suppliers.
The main purpose of the role is to formulate and drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity within the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximized and cost savings are generated. The key measurement of success will be the ability to demonstrate annual cost savings via commercial negotiation and strategic initiations.
- To establish, harmonize and maintain appropriate formalized purchasing policies compliance and procedures across the business.
- To support the business in its endeavours to monitor supplier’s performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements.
- To lead supplier’s negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage confirmed improvement.
- To actually monitor the external business environment and be fully aware of changes in the inflationary and purchasing environment.
- To work with the business and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimized across all categories of expenditure.
- Perform risk management for supply, contracts and agreements.
- Controls spend and build a culture of long term savings on procurement costs.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Prequalification and categorization of high value suppliers.
- Coordination of offshore procurement, delivery logistics and reverse logistics of equipment.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Goal oriented, needs to be focused and achieve targets
- Superior Organizational skills
- Good business instincts
- Entrepreneurship drive
- People person
- Networking and Negotiation skills
- Excellent written and Oral communication skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Strategic planning abilities
- Logistics skills
- Highly Numerate
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, pressurized work environment
- Ability to innovate, prioritize and implement effectively
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below