If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Recruitment Type: National (3 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Review objective hierarchy and logical framework matrices (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts) of projects implemented by IITA;
- Determine information needs of project managers, partners, and collaborating institutions;
- Identify and design performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project;
- Agree with stakeholders on how to record, report, and analyse progress against targets; and design formats for reporting on progress;
- Undertake and facilitate the institutional M&E plan implementation, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Conduct monitoring site visits
- Conduct evaluation (baseline, mid-term, end of project), and internal and external impact assessment studies
- Develop alternative strategies for implementation of M&E activities as may be needed
- Effectively maintain the Institute’s M&E database(s) and ensure the data are up-to-date and can provide the strategic reports needed at the Institute.
- Work with the Head of M&E Unit to provide support to hub-level M&E personnel.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- M.Sc or equivalent in Agricultural Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Development Studies with Seven (7) year’s work experience preferably with an international organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in conducting M&E training sessions, including facilitation skills.
- Experience in design/implementation of surveys and special studies
- Strong planning, system development and organizational skills, including results orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to design and manipulate database(s)
- Proficiency in statistical software such as STATA and SPSS is desirable
- Entrepreneurial skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should complete the online application below attaching their cover letters with detailed curriculum vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on jobs.iita.org to apply