Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
The position of State-based M&E Specialist will oversee all M&E activities for the program within Anambra State, ensuring quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting. S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to strengthen state-level M&E systems, ensuring proper orientation, mentoring and quality supervision to state M&E staff and M&E units in the State Ministries of Health. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for tracking achievement on indicators at the state level and advise on solutions for continuous improvement. S/he should have the ability to work sensitively and positively with program staff and promote a learning environment. The M&E Specialist is expected to have a high level of self-initiative and use critical thinking skills to identify and fill gaps.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Public Health, International Development, or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating health programs in an African country
- At least 2 years’ experience in provision of technical advisory services or consultancies working with government partners
- Knowledge of national health management information systems, strategies and tools in Nigeria; familiarity with DHIS2.0 platform is required
- Demonstrated experience with collection/analysis of epidemiological data
- Understanding of principles and current approaches to M&E for health programming, including knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Familiarity with beneficiary accountability mechanisms
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Experience using ICT4D for data collection preferred
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys
- Previous experience in program management is desired
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Knowledge of Global Fund strategies and regulations desired
- Public relations skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in database development/management and statistical software (SPSS, EPI-Info)
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations regularly and sometimes on short notice
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the application form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should state the position and advert code as the subject of their email e.g. M&E Specialist- MES090617.
Applications must reach us on or before CoB Friday, June 16, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Relief Services career website on www.dropbox.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale