The Enhancing Nigerian Capacity for AIDS Prevention (ENCAP) Project is a five-year (2010 20t5) USAIO-funded project. The ENCAP project focuses on building both organizational and technical capacity of community-based organizations (CBOs), non- governmental organizations (NGOs), and faith-based organizations (FBOs) delivering HIV prevention services in communities within the target states.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an OD Advisor. The 00 Advisor, based in Abuja, Nigeria, will provide technical leadership, guidance, and strategic direction around capacity development activities in general, and in CBO/NGO organizational development in particular for the ENCAP Project.
Key Duties Include:
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in organizational 'development and capacity building.
• Work with the project team to assess capacity of local partners and create and track capacity development action plans.
• Lead capacity building activities, including workshops and on-site technical assistance, to build the management, planning, and human resource capacity of local partners to strengthen their operations.
• Create organizational development tools and resources to support capacity development efforts.
• Monitor local organizations' progress towards capacity development benchmarks and objectives; recommend revisions to capacity development plans as needed.
• Support the development of technical documents, abstracts, presentations, and other reports documenting the achievements, lessons learned, and other findings related to the project.
• Related undergraduate university degree with Masters degree preferred
• Essential: minimum 8 -10 years experience and proven track record in designing and implementing successful organizational development programs
• Experience working with government agencies and the private sector
• Exceptional skill in organizational development, training design, development, and delivery for results
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize workload independently
• Ability to build and maintain strong partner relationships at all levels
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on 31" July 2013. Please note that only short Listed applicants would be contacted. Subject line of: "OD Advisor". Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.