Heartland Alliance, a US-based NGO, seeks applications from Nigerian leaders who are passionate about finding new and innovative ways to reach populations highly vulnerable to HIV/AIDS. Heartland Alliance's office in Nigeria is looking for a strong Chief of Party (COP) to lead the project and oversee programs in Nigeria. This is a unique opportunity to lead cutting-edge initiatives in collaboration with key national and international partners.
IMHIPP Chief of Party/Heartland Alliance Country Director- Nigeria
The COP (based in Abuja) will lead the program's effort to strengthen the capacity of Nigerian organizations to implement comprehensive HIV prevention, care and support programming for MSM in regions of Nigeria.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree in Public Health or a closely related field;
• 5+ years of progressive field-based management experience;
• Experience managing large-scale USAID and/or CDC-funded HIV/AIDS programs (PEPFAR); knowledge of PEPFAR programming required; and,
• Experience working alongside and developing the capacity of grassroots NGOs/CBOs; Experience in HIV prevention programming, including experience with and solid knowledge of HIV prevention programming/approaches for MSM.
• Sensitivity to and intimate knowledge of health and human rights issues, and willingness/ability
to support and strengthen the autonomy of grass roots MARPs organizations;
• Strong commitment to advancing human rights;
• Strong M&E skills and experience;
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors; and,
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to remain composed and professional in difficult circumstances.
Method of Application
Cover letters and CVs sent to the following email address will also be accepted: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submissions is on or before May 9th, 2011.