The Government of Ekiti State, Nigeria is a beneficiary of a credit facility secured by the Federal Government of Nigeria from the World Bank towards implementing a State Public Sector Governance Reform and
Development t Project. The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) has been established to drive the Project in Ekiti State.
The Ekiti State Government requires the services of an experienced candidate to serve as Project Coordinator and Head of Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
To ensure a smooth take-off of the Project, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from within the Public Service and the General Public for the post of Project Coordinator.
APPOINTMENT OF PROJECT COORDINATOR INTO THE NEWLY ESTABLISHED PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (PIU) OF EKITI STATE PUBLIC SECTOR GOVERNANCE REFORM AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (PSGRDP)
• Serving as the secretary to the Project Coordinating Committee and the State Steering Committee
• Supervise the implementation of the Project to ensure that yearly Work Plans are achieved.
• Develop yearly Work Programmes, Procurement Plans and Financial Budget for the Project.
• Liaise and collaborate with the Sub-project Management Teams and Desk Officers to ensure that they prepare
and implement action plans based on the Project;
• Provide technical guidance to the management committees, particularly on LD.As procurement and financial management
• Prepare and summit quarterly reports on the implementation of the project to the Coordinating Committee, State Steering committee, the National Project Coordinating Unit (NPCU) and IDA
• Ensure timely submission of audited financial statements to the Office of the Auditor General of the State, State Steering Committee, the National Project Coordinating Unit And LD.A
• Liaise with the National Project Coordinating Unit and IDA on project supervision / implementation support mission;
• Be of the rank of a Director and above (or equivalent if appointed from outside the public service)
• Holder of good first degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Management Science or its equivalent from a recognized
University, Masters Degree in Management /Social Science would be an added advantage
• 15 Years working experience with a minimum of five years of cognate experience in senior management Level
• Proficiency in English Language
• Team building, communication and networking skills
• Negotiating skills and diplomacy
• Computer literacy and proficiency
• Sound knowledge of World Bank
Salary is very attractive and negotiable in line with para.1.11 (d) of the Consultant Guideline International Development Association.
Interested officers/persons should forward typewritten application letters in triplicate with details of curriculum vitae to the Office of the State Commissioner for Finance, Ministry of Finance G.R.A. Ado-Ekiti not later than 14 days from the date of advertisement with the following:-
1. 3 recent identical passport size photograph
2. Photocopies of certificates in triplicate
3. 3 copies of NYSC discharged /Exemption Certificate
4. letter of recommendation from present Head of Department