The Rivers State Community Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization that strives to improve the quality of life of communities within Rivers State by:
• Establishing and maintaining a sound capital growth fund that would support organizations, individuals and communities engaged in development programs.
• Mobilizing resources from private and public sources for development purposes.
• Instilling confidence within communities through reviving traditional, indigenous philanthropic practices.
• Supporting a broad range of individuals and local organizations engaged in activities of charitable nature or in development programmes by providing grants.
• Serving as a catalyst and an agent of change in enhancing sustainable development.
The RSCF is managed by a Executive Secretariat and governed by a Board of Trustees composed by 10 prestigious citizens of Rivers State. Since its creation in 2009, the RSCF has financed 28 development projects in 28 Communities State wide.
THE RSCF IS RECRUITING A COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER TO DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT A COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY IN SUPPORT OF THE FOLLOWING GOALS:
(1) improve the flow and quality of information exchanged between the RSCF and its beneficiaries
(2) document the impact of projects financed by the RSCF in beneficiary communities;
(3) maintain a constant dialog between the RSCF and current and potential donors on the impact of the RSCF in the development of Rivers State and the present and future activities of the Foundation
(4) Facilitate the fund-raising process of the RSCF. The strategy should take into account multiple audiences, including the RSCF Board of Trustees, the beneficiary communities, the World Bank, and other donors.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement a communications strategy for the RSCF observing the overall objectives of the RSCF, its mission, vision as well as the goals of the above mentioned;
Conceptualise, design, plan and implement internal and external activities for communications, outreach and knowledge sharing based on the strategy
• Manage communications including presentations, briefings, and all forms of correspondence with potential donors.
• Advise on, coordinate and manage media, public relations and advocacy for the Programme including the development of flyer documenting success stories,
• Provide overall effective leadership in communications and knowledge management activities and give guidance to field staff on all aspects of the same.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• University degree in communications or information management or other relevant degree;
• A minimum of 3 years professional work experience in communications for NGOs;
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in communications for fund-raising;
• Have high degree of professionalism, consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude, is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
Demonstrated ability to simplify complex information, to write in clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively to different group
• Excellent communication, research, writing, editing and presentation skills;
• Possess computer and desktop publishing skills, as well as photography skills
• Knowledge of the media, how it operates, and what types of media to use for different purposes, as well as the different design and print methods.
• The ability to form and maintain relationships with managers, designers and journalists and potential donors
• Good project management skills. Understanding of budget and finance is a plus.
• A Rivers State indigene with a good understanding and awareness of conflict issues and causes as they relate to the Niger Delta, particularly Rivers State
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are advised to forward their resume in MS-Word format within 2weeks (14days) of this publication to email@example.com or:
The Executive Secretary
Rivers State Community Foundation
20 King Perekule Street, G.R.A. Phase II