Dovre Group is pleased to offer the position of Deepwater Drilling Engineer, who will be responsible for preparing and revising a complete deepwater drilling program, work closely with other groups to assure the program is based on all available information, and survey and analyze drilling performance and progress on behalf of our client.
Purpose of Service:
Deep Water Condensate Development situated offshore Nigeria. The field development comprises a spread moored FPSO connected to subsea wells with oil export via offloading buoy and tandem export.
Scope of Service:
Must know the operating and construction characteristics of all components in deepwater drilling systems to be used. Must be knowledgeable about alternative systems and procedures which might be implemented to improve operational efficiency.
Responsible for preparing and revising where necessary, a complete deepwater drilling program. Works closely with other groups to assure the program is based on all available geological information and drilling information from other wells in the area (if any). The drilling program must include if applicable, but is not limited to the following:
• Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS) and related requirements per Client Drilling OIMS Manual
• Directional well planning and collision avoidance planning on a real time basis
• Riser tensioning program
• A weather analysis and a recommended vessel heading/ platform approach during moving in/out
• A target time-depth curve and a target cost
• Wellhead, casing and cementing program designed to meet expected conditions
• Drilling mud program designed to meet expected conditions
• Hydraulics, rotary speed and bit weight program and real time optimization
• Bottom-hole assembly program to maximize penetration rate and minimize deviation
• An assessment of special drilling problems that might be encountered and real time parameters analysis
• Abandonment program (TP&A and PA to meet DPR’s requirements)
Surveillance of day-to-day drilling progress to ensure the drilling program is conducted to apply best technology and proposes modifications, if required.
Analyses drilling performance at intermediate depths and when the well is completed. Works with Operations personnel to implement changes in procedures and equipment based on the results of this analysis
Review retrieved managed electronic data and ensures errors found in the daily operations reports and final well reports are corrected.
Works with Operations to prepare standard operating practices and procedures including, but not limited to, the following:
• Drill pipe/ Drill Collars handling/ care/ maintenance/ inspection criteria
• QA/QC programs for all downhole equipment
• Emergency Response planning and upgrade
• Heavy weather
• Well head equipment
Provides well-site drilling or completions surveillance and engineering assessments and supports Operations Superintendents on critical activities and problems, such as equipment failures, mud and hole problems, abnormal pressure detection, well testing and well control. Will also provide well-site surveillance and technical assistance on development projects, equipment testing, new procedures, abnormal pressure, etc.
Primarily responsible for:
• Preparation of cost estimates for selection of optimum alternatives
• Material and equipment selection and evaluation
• Government regulatory requirements, approvals and permits
• Technical/ commercial bid preparations and analysis
Must keep abreast of the best available technology
Maintain proficiency in well control technology and training.
Provides surveillance of well cost and stewardship reconciliation exercise
Essential service provider qualifications / experience:
• Petroleum Industry Graduate to BSc level (or equivalent professional experience)
• 8-10 years field experience in subsea design and operations. Require excellent working knowledge of subsea wellhead drill through systems, vertical and horizontal subsea tree systems
• Essential knowledge of deep water operations on-board semi-submersible and drill ships
• Knowledge of the following subsea services:
1. Vertical XTs and Horizontal XTs
2. IWOCS and tree installation equipment
3. XT installation from rig and DSV
4. Tubing Hanger installation and associated equipment
5. Intervention Landing String operations – EH Deep-water systems
6. ROV tooling and operations
7. Wellhead installation including casing hangers and associated tooling
Language Skills: English
Job Skills: Business writing, computer literate Microsoft Office, Email (Outlook)
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.