If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Following the direction of the Multi Sectorial Program Manager, the Behaviour Change and Training Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising Behaviour Change and Training activities at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other DPMs. The DPM ensures that the team involve in Behaviour Change communication and Training completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations.
The Behaviour Change and Training DPM also has responsibilities regarding staff capacity building; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
- Apply the common Behavior Change communication strategy, guidelines and tools used by government of Nigeria for training, implementation and in support of M&E.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of AAH policies, positioning and strategies in the mission.
- Implement in the framework of projects, the mission’s Behavior Change communication and Training strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents: AAH charter, 2015 international strategic framework, policies (AAH HSS Guide, National SBCC Strategy and IYCF guidelines, MHCP, etc.), positioning papers (IYCF, BMS, etc.), national strategies and other specific protocols and policies established and approved by the Government of Nigeria (GoN).
- Contribute to the identification, definition, and formulation of Social Behavior Change and Training need and/or components of projects led by other sectors.
- Play active role in writing of Social Behavior Change and Training related parts of the proposals (proposal narrative, budget and LFA) as requested.
- Lead project implementation, monitoring and reporting for SBCC and Training.
- Provide support to local AAH representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
- Contribute to the definition of external evaluations (opportunities, ToR,), supports external evaluators (during their mission), and implements recommendations coming out from external evaluations.
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development).
- Participate actively in the recruitment and the training of staff, in cooperation with the Multi sectorial, Regional NUT Coordinator and HR administrator.
- Contribute to the missions’ capitalization and to AAH communication.
- Track the implementation of project activities using ACF tools – Activity Progress Report (APR), Budget follow-up and Training Reports.
- Objective 4: To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
- Degree in Social science or Psychology. Qualifications/Training specific to Nutrition, Health or WASH will be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Working knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously.
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with Health, CMAM, WASH and IYCF programming.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
- Previous supervisory experience in NGO settings.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and oral presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of principles guiding SBCC and adult training strategies.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must include a cover letter of interest and CV in one attachment, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.