Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world. We are also boast the largest MS community in the world and are the technology leaders in both Television and Media Management and the Service Enabling Area.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the marketing function in sub-Saharan Africa in line with the Group marketing strategy and Regional Growth plan.
Responsibility and authority
To oversee the Marketing function in the Region
Develop and implement marketing plan to drive the global marketing strategy as well as Regional growth plan.
Drive alignment with the various Units in the Region, GF and Business Units.
Drive market category growth and facilitate leads generation
Drive brand, category, experience and product marketing in alignment with the EP, CUs and Communication.
Drive all the marketing customer engagement and manage single point of contact for the CUs
Management of responsibilities in accordance with directives from GF Marketing. Leads the development and implementation of the Regional Marketing plan.
Delegation of responsibility
Responsibility delegation is driven by regional directives or the Head of Strategy and Marketing.
Interface, contacts and co-operation
Market and industry players (i.e. new business actors, key influencers)
Regional Industry analysts
Regional Management Team
Master’s degree in related fields (MBA, MSc or similar).
Significant experience (> 10 years) relevant for driving marketing strategy development and execution, and business development across a region
Significant telecom industry experience and experience in areas with regional growth potential. Experience in related industries such as media, ICT and consumer electronics is desirable.
Proven and solid general management background with strong business acumen and experience in senior positions in an international environment
Demonstrated background of delivering of marketing interventions that created business impact.
Skills and Competence:
Ability to develop and drive change to execute on business objectives.
Strong leadership and teambuilding skills with proven capability to motivate and develop a team to success.
Possess a sound business sense and a strong ability to think strategically.
Proven ability to drive change, strategy execution and inspire innovative strategic and marketing initiatives.
Excellent communication and value argumentation skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build trust in external engagements.
Strong planning, delivery and organizational skills
Self-motivated, resourceful and result-oriented.
Strong social and interpersonal skills.
The main responsibility of an Account Manager is to secure sales within customer key accounts by proactively finding business opportunities through daily contact with key customer stakeholders. The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining an opportunity list and driving the sales of competitive solutions and/or services (involving several Ericsson product areas, services and 3rd party products etc. across all the Ericsson Business Units) through a consultative approach focusing on the customer needs, for one or many accounts. The Account Manager will organize and drive the sales team from identifying opportunities to closing deals, thereafter to ensure the handover of the deal/contract to the delivery/supply side of the Ericsson organization, assure the CPM’s/CFR’s delivery/project execution and handover from the project delivery/supply to the Ericsson Support organization (or Managed Operations organization) and to assure the delivery of the support services (or managed services) as contracted in the relevant service level agreements.
Key Responsibility Areas
· Building and maintaining good relations with the power base within the customer and in accordance with the Account relationship plan
· Develop understanding of the customer’s business and needs
· Contribute in sales process management from opportunity creation to final accept and payment
· Provide customer requirement and competitor’s activities input to KAM and Business Units
· Prepare tenders in line with the marketing and sales strategies and internal directives
· Coordination of strategies, solutions, prices and other business terms with KAM
· Know the competition
· Represent Ericsson externally in a positive way, enabling future business growth
· Meet Ericsson business objectives, in terms of revenue and profit objectives
· Provide input into the Key Account Growth Plan and responsible for maintaining/updating the plan
· Identify new business opportunities and maintaining up to date opportunity pipeline/funnel
· Marketing and Sales of Ericsson’s solutions and services (from across all Business Units)
· Driving sales of key solutions and services of strategic importance to Ericsson
· Responsible for preparing and following up business cases for the customer
· Act as ACR (Account Commercial Responsible) in the Core 3 team and in accordance with the latest Core 3 Roles and Responsibilities functional description
· Act as bid manager in tender teams if and when required
· Preparing or managing proposals, agreements and contracts of various complexities
· Following up commercial matters within the account
· Financial and supply forecasting
· Purchase order and deliveries follow up
· Assume responsibility towards defined targets including financial targets on Orders Booked, Net Sales, Key Account Contribution, Cash Collection, Days of Sales Outstanding and Inventory Turnover
· Assume responsibility towards sales of Ericsson identified focus areas such as Software Sales and Project Sales
· Ensure customer satisfaction (as measured in the customer satisfaction survey)
Demonstrate Management through Leadership
· Lead the Core 3 team (drive Core 3 way of working, Core 3 meetings etc)
· Think and act strategically
· Develop and support strategies to win and grow business
· Improve core 3 efficiency
· Build people leadership through self development – in accordance with the Ericsson Sales Competence Model
Account Managers must support Key Account Managers to
· Achieve the Account financial targets and other targets
· Be accountable / responsible as ACR in Core 3 team and lead the Core 3 team
· Reuse best-practices and feedback to BUs regarding new market opportunities, solutions etc
· Assigned Ericsson Customer/s
· Key Account Manager
· Customer Solution Manager & Contract Fulfillment Manager/CPM (Core 3)
· BUGS Service Sales Managers and BMUM Sales/Business Development Managers
· ESA and/or EAB Supply
· Ericsson Local Support & Service Delivery Manager
· BU Commercial Support Managers & BU Sales Managers
· Strategic Sourcing, Legal & Business Controllers
BSC Degree in Engineering or equivalent (Communications, Informatics or related Telecoms/IT qualification) or Degree in Economics/Business
6 Years in the Telcoms/IT industry and relevant professional experience in dealing with Telecom operators.
3 years experience in Relationship sales within Ericsson an advantage.
M-Commerce, including mobile payments and person-to-person money transfers, is identified as a high a growth area in the coming years within Ericsson, providing a substantial global market potential - for us and our customers.
Ericsson is now looking to strengthen its team in Sub-Sahara Africa with a number of Solution Architects to drive and further grow its M-Commerce business.
This is a position for an experienced Solution Architect, preferably working already in the M-Commerce domain. As a Solution Architect, you will have frequent customer interaction and will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing, based on evaluation, competitive solution alternatives.
You are part of the Region’s Engagement Practices and work closely with Customer Unit teams from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages. In the pre-sales stage you will take the lead as customer solution responsible for all sales support activities, including workshops, presentations and responding to RFP’s. Depending on the opportunity, you might continue in the delivery stage as lead delivery solution architect with responsibility for the end-to-end delivery execution.
Part of your role will also be to support business development and portfolio management activities, identifying and specifying main business processes that our solutions support. Moreover, you are experienced in handling constant change of scope and execute your leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors.
· Analyze customer requirements and propose technical and competitive solutions.
· Participate in presales activities such as workshops and RFP requests. Take lead as Customer Solution responsible, ‘owning’ the solution offered. Develop solution description including solution proposal, design and 3rd party vendor selection.
· Participate and drive evaluation of 3PP’s suppliers/products and solutions.
· Analyze how security requirements from various aspects should be interpreted and suggest best possible adherence.
· Participate in project execution as Lead Delivery Solution Architect. Manage the customer solution throughout execution phase including active communication with customer and internal stakeholders.
· Identify add-on sales opportunities to continuously improve margins.
· Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization as well as internally. Act as a manager/leader/mentor in day to day situations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues in the region.
· Drive add on sales and business opportunities in order to increase sales, margins and to develop services portfolio.
· Follow up on delivered solutions on an agreed regular basis with customers to keep yourself informed about the life cycle evolvement.
· Recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
· Expected to travel internationally and locally when required.
· University degree in Engineering, ICT or equivalent
· 10+years of relevant professional experience of which at least 5 years in a similar role.
· Strong personal track record from Senior, or equivalent, Solution/Enterprise Architect position, preferably with experience from transactional services, brokering services, charging solutions and hosting models
· Strong track record in engaging with customers and participation in external forums and events.
· Deep experiences of driving analysis of how requirements can be implemented from a technical perspective based on strong business understanding.
· Significant experience from implementation of M-Commerce and SI projects.
· Strong M-Commerce market knowledge and extensive experience to translate value propositions that should be communicated to the market and secure winning propositions.
· Strong understanding of how project management and engagement models work.
· Excellent language skills in English. Skills in other main languages like French is a plus.
The Ericsson IT & Test Environments consists of ITTE Solutions, ITTE Service Delivery and IT Security - working together as ONE ITTE
Region Sub Saharan Africa (RSSA) ITTE Delivery Management is a unit within RSSA Finance and Business Support responsible for the provisioning of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services to the Ericsson sub-Saharan African region i.e. all operational units, legal entities and functions.
RSSA ITTE Delivery Management is accountable for day to day operation of the IT infrastructure and services to support the business. This includes but not limited to driving implementation of improvements to production infrastructure plus delivery of IT solutions to meet business demands with RSSA.
We are seeking a Delivery Manager with a proven track record in working in Enterprise ICT environment. You will report directly to the Head: ITTE Delivery Management Sub Saharan Africa. In this role you will be managing the whole IT environment in Customer Unit North West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone) and ensure we deliver on our commitments both for services and projects.
As Delivery Manager within ITTE Delivery Management you will be responsible for establishing relationships with key stakeholders as well as decision makers and manage the entire IT processes.
You will be responsible for IT Budget, IT forecast, capacity planning, IT projects, vendor management for outsourced services and local suppliers.
• Accountable for the delivery of IT services and projects.
• Plan for cost efficient IT service deliveries based on the defined services
• Drive and manage delivery improvements including operational demands and orders.
• Translate short term business needs into orders and technical solutions
• Responsible for the local IT roadmaps
• Responsible for securing business priorities for deployment
• Responsible for securing the deployment of the solution
• Establish, agree and follow-up on the delivery financial budget/forecast for the respective area/region/site/organization
• Drive best practice knowledge sharing
• Execute agreed plans and have control of all ongoing IT related projects
• Drive Governance and reporting of Stakeholder interface (SLAs)
• Govern the operational supplier relationships and supplier SLAs
• Proactively drive dialogue with the stakeholders delivery needs and initiatives.
• Being the escalation point towards the business stakeholders for delivery issues
• 5-10 years’ experience in the ICT industry.
• Bachelors Degree required. Technical Degree and/or MBA considered a merit.
• Proven history of successful assignment from working in an outsourced Enterprise ICT environment.
• Strong understanding of how to evaluate, purchase, and deploy IT Services.
• Strong background in Consultative approach and process with ability to translate business needs to IT requirements and solutions
• Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with stakeholders/customer as well as suppliers.
• Strong team player whom easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
• Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are pre-requisites.
• Articulates arguments or ideas in a compelling way.
• Proactive, self-motivating with a good grasp of the key business drivers.
• Willing and available to travel frequently in the region
• Fluent in English
Ericsson is actively looking for a Regional HR Delivery Manager in Region Sub-Saharan Africa (RSSA).
As Regional Delivery Manager you will be the single point of contact between the shared service centres (SSCs & GSSCs) and the Region HR Team. You will be responsible for setting up, documenting and following up on service level standards between the regions and the delivery organization (SSCs & GSSCs). You will track cost and budget performance and ensure compliance of HR operational processes. It is also your responsibility to manage vendors within the global vendor management framework and develop and own business continuity plan.
The position location is flexible and can be located in an Ericsson office in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya or Ghana. You will report to the Head of SSC Madrid and be a member of the Region HR Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
• SPOC between SSCs and Region HR team
• Assist the HR Generalists with complex or sensitive day to day delivery issues
• Manage vendors and vendor services within the global vendor management framework
• Establish, document and track service level standards with SSC, GSSC and vendors
• Act as the representative for HRD team with in region and ensure that KPIs are performed to the expected standard
• Work with Regional HR Head to review cost reports, manage recharges, reconciliation of accrual and prepayment accounts
• Develop and own Business Continuity Plan to ensure that the critical HR services will be continued in the event of a crisis
• Facilitate implementation of new processes, tools and delivery of HR services of SSC/GSSC
• Collect feedback on IT systems and tools to secure that data is always correct
• Master’s degree, preferably within HR or equal education
• 10+ years of experience in HR Operations in an international environment
• Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
• Experience from working in a Global HR Operations/Shared Services Centre environment
• Experience from interaction with internal stakeholders on different levels
• Very good knowledge in English language (written and verbal skills)
A new future is awaiting you at Ericsson. Browse the opportunities across the world.
Click here to Apply.
Select ‘NIGERIA’ from the location select button,
Select 'LAGOS' from the drodown below and click 'Search for Jobs' button