Workshop Operations Engineer at a Logistics Company
Posted on: 10 July, 2013
Deadline: 23 July, 2013
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
A Leading fully integrated product handling, logistics and distribution company has vacancy for Workshop Operations Engineer
Skills and Abilities
- Have a thorough understanding of all electromechanical control systems of the vehicles
- Ability to use all testing and measuring equipment and too s required to maintain or repair electromechanical systems and controls of MB Actros, Artego. Iveco and MAN diesel trucks.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing MB Actros,Artego, Iveco and MAN Diesel truck using Diagnostic machines
- Ability to use all shop tools
- Solid background in project management and maintenance and Integrity management.
- Safety oriented and Team worker with good interpersonalskills and great deal of initiative.
- Proficient in Planning & scheduling tools: Ms Project
- Excel Document Management
- Experience in Project control, progress reporting and forecasting.
- Consistent in the achievement of set objectives using engineering best practice and coordination skills.
- Familiar with ERP applications such as Micro-soft Dynamic
In conjunction with Workshop Manager support the five Contract Engineers execute satisfactorily and on time, their weekly, monthly and yearly plans for the management of trucks in their fleets by:
- Assigning raising job cards and daily tasks to the contract foreman, based on planned maintenance scheduled and Post Trip Inspection Reports/Diagnosis.
- Raising Store Request Vouchers or requesting for Procurement Request Notes.
- Scheduling people, resources and time for eachassignment
- Ensuring on-time and satisfactory completion of jobs
- Closing a job card by assuring the quality of work done by technicians before a truck to Quality Control check.
- Ensuring the procedures are followed by each technician in the execution of their job, as specified in the Workshop Standard Operation Procedures, including those of HSSEQ in the workshop.
- Scheduling and ensuring satisfactory and on time execution of preventive maintenance and repairs of vehicles in his fleet.
- Troubleshoot, test, and repair electronic components of TSL vehicles and perform electrical and mechanical repairs as required to maintain all trucks under his responsibility.
- Notify workshop manager assist in the solution of problems
- Contribute ideas for improvements in all areas using the appropriate means of communication
- Maintain a neat and orderly workplace.
- BSc (hons) / BTec in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience working as an Auto-electromechanical engineer/technician in a supervisory capacity
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Competent Truck Drivers at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Maintenance Supervisor at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting Limited
- Business Development and Marketing Manager at Fosad Consulting
- Chief Operating Officer at a Logistics Firm - Quick Projects Limited
- APM Terminals Recruiting for Legal Counsel
- Latest Jobs at GUO Transport Company Limited
- GE Nigeria EID Intern Recruitment
- Treasury Specialist at GMT Nigeria Limited