Business Strengthening Advisor at Banyan Global
Posted on: 10 July, 2013
Deadline: 24 July, 2013
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Banyan Global
Banyan Global is an economic development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. Banyan Global is currently recruiting a Business Strengthening Advisor to work on a USAID-funded private health sector development project in Nigeria.
Among other objectives, the project seeks to improve the ability of private sector health providers to manage their practices profitably, and to access credit. With enhanced business capabilities, these providers are better able to offer high-quality health care products and services to their communities in a financially sustainable way
- Provide general leadership and strategic guidance for business strengthening activities.
- Meet regularly with the project Chief of Party and heads of other project units.
- Manage the collection, entry, and analysis of data collected through business activities.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the senior management of partner financial institutions.
- Lead assessments designed to understand specific issues and challenges.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ensuring the sustainability of business strengthening activities beyond the life of the project, working closely with associations and other partners.
- Provide general institutional strengthening to provider associations.
- Facilitate the production of an annual health sector trade fair, supported by the project but with the provider associations contributing the majority of time and leadership.
- Assist with other project activities as needed.
- A minimum 7 years of experience working in SMEs development
- Knowledge and understanding of the business and financing challenges faced by SMEs in Nigeria
- Familiarity with the private health sector in Nigeria
- Knowledge and experience with the policy and regulatory environment as relates to the business operations of private health providers in Nigeria
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing, business development services, including training,counseling, and facilitating access to finance
- Experience with assessments focused on markets, business, finance, or economics
- Experience managing a team of skilled technical professionals
- Excellent project management, communication, writing, and computer skills
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methodology and reporting procedures
- Ability to negotiate, manage, and build partnerships
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Position will be based in Lagos, but the ability to travel within Nigeria (up to 30%) is required
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send cover letter and CVs (using Business Strengthening Advisor as the subject line) to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Banyan GlobalSimilar Jobs
- General Manager at Sence Nigeria
- Commissioned Financial Advisor at the Workplace Centre Limited
- Drivers at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Fresh Job Vacancies at KPMG Nigeria
- Driving Vacancy at Stresert Services Limited
- Assistant General Manager – Engineering at Indepth Consulting Limited
- Project Engineer at WOWJobs Consulting
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at Human Leadership Resources Limited