Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM's Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
As Finance Manager, Logistics and Operations, you will be responsible for providing financial advice and support to the Company in order to make sound business decisions.
- Establish and monitor appropriate accounting practices to ensure all inventory activities are captured correctly in Inventory Management system and interface accurately into the accounting system
- Establish inventory reconciliation procedures to ensure accuracy of all balances
- Ensure accurate Inventory ageing and analysis and appropriate provisions are kept in the books for slow and obsolete stock
- Ensure accurate book keeping for all initiatives regarding stock in transit and returns to Vendors
Financial Planning and Budget Management
- Prepare the annual operating and strategic plan for the business unit (includes working capital and cashflow projections) to the right quality and to time.
- Prepare unit budgets and consolidate for the business unit and ensure consistency of numbers in line with the Service Level Agreements with each venture.
- Deploy best in class cost accounting tools to ensure clarity of cost bases and provide clarity on Cost optimization opportunities, and revenue generating schemes.
- Ensure accuracy in invoicing
- Ensure all unit heads are held to account to operate in line with the budget. Full variance analysis and corrective action plans are provided on a periodic basis (e.g. monthly)
- Financial analysis as will be required from time to time too aid management decision making.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of accounting records and transactions in the Financial accounting systems and in line with IFRS.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements of accruals and analysis of expense and revenue heads.
- Ensure proper filing of source documents and records relating to the operations of the business unit.
- Prepare Monthly Business Review reports fully reconciled to the SLA and the Financial accounting systems.
- Ensure internal control processes are working optimally.
- Expedite all audit assignments and ensure that recommendations are implemented to time and risks identified are mitigated.
- Adequacy of reconciliation with 3rd Party Logistics providers and completeness and accuracy of transactions embarked on with them.
Fixed Asset and CAPEX Management
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the fixed asset register in line with IFRS.
- Ensure the adequacy of controls over the additions and disposals of assets and physical verification.
- Provide leadership to finance team members and financial support to unit heads within the Business Unit.
- Competencies Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations
- Willingness to make decisions as necessary and appropriate in accordance with company policies.
- Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and professionalism at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Finance, Economics from a reputable University or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in similar role above is an advantage
- Certification from any recognized professional body (ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CFA) is compulsory
- Minimum of 5 years’ in supervisory role with Cost accounting and management experience
- Relevant financial accounting and management experience in supply chain operations
- Adequate knowledge of the Ecommerce Industry
go to method of application »
- As a Visual Designer, your responsibility is to design training and communication materials for our vendors to be displayed on our online educational platforms and in our hubs during offline events.
- The Visual Designer will be the custodian of all creative assets (banners, images, videos/trailers) that may be sourced directly from content owners, or created in-house by the team.
- Produce videos for all the Jumia Vendor University channels: Vendor Hub, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Support vendor engagement efforts through communication material used for events, physical training, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Design Training documents: digital documents for website and social media, paper, flyers, website banners and other training material for the Vendors training
- Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of Jumia Vendor University’s initiatives across video, digital, social media, print, merchandising, out-of-home and any other assets as deemed necessary.
- Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Jumia Vendor University’s vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms.
- Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising.
- Support the design team by producing, managing and uploading graphic assets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Must possess in-depth experience in Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of relevant design softwares and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding Presentation skills with the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- A flexible approach when working in a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Effective networking skills are key
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts/ Design, Visual Art, Fine Art or related field from a recognized and accredited University
- 3 - 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment is an advantage
- 3 years managing a team with a track record of relevant achievements.
- Studio experience a big plus, especially in combination with exposure to the Media industries
- Experience managing a fast-paced project pipeline and participate in cross-functional workflow
- Knowledge of web design processes and web content management a plus
- Expertise in other aspects of communications and marketing favourably considered
- Expert level in Adobe Master Collection CS6 incl. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
go to method of application »
- As Social Media Associate, your responsibility is to build engagement and brand equity with current as well as new followers on social media platforms and generate revenue.
- Growing Jumia’s organic social media reach and online audience engagement in NigeriaImplementing and translating the marketing and PR strategies to social media
- Creating and contributing to social media strategy and content development plans
- Conceptualizing, brainstorming and creating engaging, informative, relevant and viral-worthy content across Jumia social media handles and blogs.
- Contributing to content and script development for social media videos and product reviews.
- Posting to Jumia social media channels including but not limited to twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog.
- Interacting with online Jumia community real time including creating and appearing in live videos
- Generating and responding to online conversations and email enquiries on behalf of Jumia.
- Monitoring Jumia social media mentions and recommending strategic and timely responses as needed
- Building a monthly social media engagement report for all our social media handles.
- Other tasks may include assisting the content development team with writing, brainstorming, creating and implementing the content and engagement roadmap for all services and countries.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc Communications/Journalism/Marketing or any other social science degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Copy-writing experience a plus
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Passion for social media and ability to research and keep up with evolutions.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.