Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Req ID: 264685
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- To promote and develop the sale of PS DO Product Services products and services to all territory customers (new & existing).
- Monitor and achieve bookings targets.
- Report competitor & market activity information.
- Determine how best to deploy all PS DO resources in order to maximize bookings & profitability
- Develop customer specific strategies to maximize growth.
Professionally manage assigned territory to achieve identified, key objectives which are:
- Achieve bookings targets.
- Pro-actively promote and sell PS DO products and services by visiting customers on a regular and planned basis.
- Provide feedback and direction to any PS DO dept. on all matters of: opportunity, competition, loss, change, problem of market intelligence and strategy for territory.
- Maintain good records for territory, of its present and prospective customers. Also records relating to D-R competition and their activities.
- Develop strong, long-term, business relationships with customers.
- Manage designated territory agents/ representatives (where applicable)
- To prepare and present professional presentations to customers relating to Product Services to customer management and staff
- Discuss, negotiate and finalize proposals with customers.
- Act as single point of contact when required on difficult company problems with customers to co-ordinate complex customer problems internal and external.
- Promote and organize customer visits to PS DO facilities.
- Provide advice/ assistance to credit and collection, marketing and completes sales.
- Develop and maintain a detailed territory plan
- Utilize PS DO software including: SFDC.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities/Competencies
- Minimum of 7 years post NYSC experience in the field
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or business
- Ideally experience with rotating equipment providers
- A good communication skill
- Articulate, Knowledgeable and informed
- Listening Skills and problem solver
- Team player
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment, Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Compressor Engines & Turbines
- Knowledge of the application of above products at customer’s facilities
- Market knowledge
- Knowledge about PS DO principal competitors
- English language fluency
- Oral, written & presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- General sales skills, including: need identification, questioning, listening, negotiation and closing.
- Strategy development skills
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with “can-do” attitude
- Personable & professional appearance
- Good commercial acumen.
go to method of application »
Req ID: 265311
Location: Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Desktop Support Administrator provides day-to-day hands on support to the organization’s end user laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices and applications.
- This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user desktop issues to resolution. Other areas of responsibility are LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training.
- Will be technically aware of relationship between Networking and all other IT Infrastructure technologies. Has a broad understanding of Infrastructure technologies and will be the first point of technical contact for the other IT Infrastructure teams for day to day support issues.
- Will work closely with Workshop Supervisor. Sign-off for high-impact activities must be gained from IT Network Management team.
- To support the IT Network Services department and other IT departments in resolving internal customer day to day Network support issues, through call tracking, communication and escalation where appropriate.
- The incumbent will use their broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure systems (Server OS, Desktop OS, Client devices, LAN technologies, WAN technologies and Remote Access technologies) to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner or re-direct to the appropriate team as required.
Country I.T Capacity Planning:
- Assist the Head of IT in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs
Country E-mail/Internet/System Support:
- Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations; establishes and maintains card key access accounts; provides solutions to customer identified problems.
Network and Server Administration:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems; assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
Data Backup and Recovery:
- Performs daily server tape backups/recovery; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems. Carries out daily checks regarding backups and network health
- Pro-actively monitors the network and network services systems and resolves or escalates (as appropriate) any issues in a timely manner (incl. where required out of hours support – to standard support contract terms).
Country First Tier User Support:
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of laptops, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients and Produces KPI's regarding fault calls and route cause analysis how these may be proactively reduced.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience supporting Windows 7 or 2008 Server; desktop/laptop PCs
- Experience should include IT ticketing and request systems, ITIL certification and best practices methodologies.
- Professional certifications such as A+ certification, Cisco, MCP and Microsoft Office Specialist certification will be added advantage
- Experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of all aspects of a client/server data network including multi-facility client/server network and system administration and support
- Experience in installation of softwares, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
go to method of application »
Req ID: 265492
Location: Port Harcourt
Position Scope/Standard Responsibilities
- The Regional Project Development Manager (RPDM) provides specialist technical and commercial product support to the client facing activity during the project development phase - understanding clients operational and business needs and building the D-R Value Proposition from a tailored technical and commercial solution to provide the client with the desired return on investment.
- Manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms.
- The position engages the Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, applicable business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- Works with the Proposal Development Team in the preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per guidelines.
- Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management and clients.
- Acts in a businesslike manner with regard to expenses, and meets the D-R sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to D-R and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- Establishes and maintains a “preferred provider” relationship with the key decision-makers and influences within client organizations.
Key Responsibility 1 - Safety:
- Work safely and follow all rules and procedures.
- Complete all required safety training.
- Report all Near-Misses, First Aids and Incidents to supervisors.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and complete required BBAs.
- Conduct Behavior Based Safety Audits and report any safety concerns observed.
Key Responsibility 2 - Coordinate Controls Sales Activity with Clients:
- Responsible for developing business opportunities, from lead/opportunity to order, to meet the annual business target (BTA).
- Leads pursuit of specific Engineered Solutions opportunities for turbo compressor, reciprocating compressor, gas & steam turbine, & bundled control system in the services business and promptly follows sales leads with a structured approach to qualification and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains sales funnel to a minimum level of ~3 times the BTA by processing new enquiries efficiently and using strategic proactive initiatives to increase business levels year-on-year in line with Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Effective communication through a matrix organization to manage enquiries/opportunities by influence with management, core staff functions and client facing teams.
- Ensures thorough understanding of technical and commercial project scope and communicate the requirements clearly to the Proposal Development Team.
- Responsible for identifying project and commercial risks and helps to develop mitigation plans to ensure successful project outcome.
- Makes technical product presentations to convey the Supplier’s confidence in the solution to the clients and demonstrates benefits through success stories.
- Attends tradeshows and other business development activity.
- Helps to train Account Managers / CFT on the full array and benefits of D-R Engineered Solutions in order to become proficient in identifying client needs for control systems.
- Leads selling strategy and development of the Value Proposition on each Engineered Solutions opportunity.
- Generates effective “won/loss” reports including competitor information where appropriate
- Develops client relationships, displays excellent listening skills, maintains and emits a positive attitude.
- Proficient and regular user of all system tools available to the Sales & Technical Support functions
- Is able to coordinate and/or contribute to the business development of complex projects that may involve multiple D-R business units and external contractors
Key Responsibility 3 - Forecasting and Reporting:
- Provides accurate financial booking forecasts of Engineered Solutions opportunities within the assigned territory. These must be monitored and updated regularly by the successful applicant.
- Responsible for updating forecasts, maintaining accuracy of SFDC tool (opportunity tracker) and attending weekly windshield (opportunity) call
- Responsible for providing monthly report detailing business opportunities, bookings, market activity, challenges, etc.
Key Responsibility 4 - Territory Planning and Marketing:
- Reports on market changes and competitive information on a regular basis. Maintains a personal development plan to improve technical and commercial skills.
- Provide market data and competitive information regarding D-R Engineered Solutions business in the assigned territory
- Stays current on/defines/communicates client needs and market conditions in territory and particularly to stay current on industry/market and D-R technology and solutions relevant to their client base and territory
- Maintains a detailed network of peers and colleagues
Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.):
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or Equivalent
- Fluent in English language
- Minimum Ten (10) years outside sales experience in rotating equipment and/or Control System Sales of a similar nature to D-R equipment calling on industrial clients
- Experience in oil and gas markets with rotating equipment control systems. Experience on power generation markets an asset.
- Direct experience with the internal processes (project specification, contract procedures, T&Cs, etc.) used by major clients in the oil and gas industry
- Basic knowledge and experience in simulating turbo, reciprocating and steam machinery aero/thermo performance is a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills, requires time management and record keeping detail.
- Computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of business programs
- Travel required up to 50% of time to fulfill obligations for position
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale