The following vacancy exist at Catholic Relief Services
Reports To: Program Technical Director
Location: Benue, Nigeria
The nutrition technical advisor (NTA) will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary technical team to achieve the strategic objective of a large program designed to address the needs of vulnerable children and their households in five states working in close collaboration with States and civil society organizations (CSOs). The NTA will provide technical support primarily in the area of nutrition, water, sanitation
and hygiene (WASH) and health, but also support cross-cutting themes and integration efforts in other areas of the program
programming, especially household economic strengthening and food security. S/he will lead planning and capacity strengthening efforts while putting in place operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality. The NTA will be expected to engage with the broader Nigerian nutrition and health communities ensuring that promising practices are shared and incorporated into program activities.
• Minimum of Master's Degree in Public Health, Nutrition or related field required.
• Minimum 6 years technical experience with community-level health and/or nutrition programs in Nigeria. Experience with behavior change analysis and communication, IMCI, CMAM, WASH and lYCF interventions desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer
knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning
• Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
• Successful experience in project design and proposal development in the nutrition health sector for USAID/PEPFAR
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting nutrition activities.
• Good knowledge or Government of Nigeria nutrition and health priorities with experience working with Ministry or Health
and other relevant entities.
• Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills: skilled in MS Office including Word, Excell, Outlook, and Power point. Experience with Share Point a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environment: Normal conditions akin to office environment, based in Benne; willingness and ability to travel within the country up to 60%
Interested applicants should download the CRS application form using this link http://www.dropbox.com/s/106q5xifhyfusa3/CRS-%20Application%20Form.doc and send with detailed CV as attached MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org