CBM is an international NGO which works to improve the welfare of persons with disabilities. We have an extensive network of mental health programmes in Nigeria and internationally, and are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working mental health specialist with an interest in public and community mental health to further develop this work.
The position is based in Makurdi, Benue State but with national responsibilities. It will include training, project supervision and evaluation, and supporting research. CBM takes staff development seriously and will invest in professional development.
Mental Health Advisor
A successful applicant will require the following skills:
* Experience of training, managing and supervising others.
* Ability to manage finances and to support others in doing so.
* Ability to liaise with external agencies including government.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; includes ability to make presentations, write letters, produce financial and other reports and training materials.
* Confident in use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Psychiatrist (Medical Doctor with further training in psychiatry) or
* Public Health Doctor with significant experience in mental health work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply with your OJ by e-mail to:
Dr Julian Eaton, Mental Health Advisor, West Africa E-mail: julian_ email@example.com
Please ensure you give evidence in your OJ and covering letter on how you meet the skills and qualifications for the job.
Closing Date: May 14th, 2011.