At GE Oil & Gas, we're powering potential. Whether we're developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE's Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you'll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you're a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Posted Position Title Workshop Technician (Controls)
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Fulfillment Operations
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Nigeria
Relocation Expenses Yes
The Hydro-mechanical, electrical or electronic repair, test and servicing of customer-owned and Company-owned subsea controls equipment.
• Carry out maintenance of customer and company owned equipment as defined in the applicable procedures.
• Ensure product quality is maintained by adherence to Company Standards & Procedures to achieve high customer satisfaction index.
• Responsible for Production Control Equipment, WOCS, Drilling equipment – assembly, repair and Factory Acceptance Testing(FAT)
• Responsible for pressure testing and fluid sampling
• Handle tasks relevant to core trade skills (tube fitting, electronic assembly etc.)
• Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, protecting the environment, health and security by complying with written COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments (RA) or by carrying out any necessary risk assessments and Job Safety Analyses (JSA) prior to task commencement.
• Ensure that deliverables are completed within the specified timeline
• Recognised certification in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Minimum 3-5 years cognate experience
• Ability to interact with customers
• Good fault finding skill
• A proactive team player
• Strong written & oral communication skill
• Computer Literacy
• Proficiency in report writing
• High energy level
To apply, visit http://www.ge.com/careers, select Nigeria and click Search.