The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, fmcg, appliances and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world. A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health.
Role Expectations: Recruitment
Work with Hiring Managers
- The Talent acquisition and training specialist must work very closely with hiring managers to ensure that they adequately understand the needs of the hiring managers and the requirements and expectations of the job.
- Once you have a good understanding of the position, you can effectively assess applicants in regard to whether or not they would be able to perform well in the position.
- It’s critical that you develop and keep strong relationships with the hiring managers.
- The Talent acquisition and training specialist must source and recruit candidates using a variety of outlets, such as job postings and social media, while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
- The specialist will also leverage the company’s talent application management tool “seamless hiring” to process and manage online applications.
- Throughout this process, you develop relationships with prospective talent.
- Talent acquisition and training specialist must seek out and recommend creative new ways of sourcing talent.
Screen, Interview, and Assess Candidates
- Typically, the Talent acquisition and training specialist schedule all interviews and then prepare and advise their candidates beforehand.
- You review resumes, cover letters, and assess interview performance.
- The Talent acquisition and training specialist must also complete all pre-screening and screening activities for prospective employees, which may include calling previous employers and completing background screens and criminal records tests.
Assist with Hiring Process
- In order to facilitate a smooth on-boarding process for new employees, the Talent acquisition and training specialist will administer and submit all hiring paperwork for new employees as well as assist with the orientation process.
- You will work closely with the Human Resources Business partners and operations officers during this phase.
Stay Up-to-Date with Industry Trends
- The Talent acquisition and training specialist must have in-depth knowledge of the industry in which they recruit.
- This may include having previously worked in that industry or attending educational seminars, networking, and industry events in order to gather such knowledge, as well as learning from hiring managers.
- It’s important to understand the industry in order to understand the needs of the hiring manager and the qualifications of prospective employees.
Role Expectations: Training
Determine and evaluate training needs
- You are to create, administer, and deliver training programs for businesses and organizations.
- A quarterly training calendar must be shared with the organisation showing courses, venue and information about facilitators. To do this, you must first assess the needs of the organization.
- Once those needs are determined, you develop custom training programs that take place in a classroom, or training facility. You must also work closely with the line managers to ensure they release their employees to attend these training.
Coordinate and run training schedule
- You will organize or offer training sessions using lectures, group discussions, team exercises, hands-on examples, and other training formats.
- Some training is in the form of a video, Web-based program, or self-guided instructional manual.
- Training also may be collaborative, which allows employees to connect informally with experts, mentors, and colleagues, often through the use of technology.
- You will also monitor instructors, guide employees through media-based programs, or facilitate informal or collaborative learning programs.
- You will evaluate each training session providing what worked and what needs to be worked on.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of HND is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Recources ( Recruitment and Training)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fareast Mercantile Company Limited career website on www.seamlesshiring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.