Our client is a major African Conglomerate, one of the largest, and well-positioned players in the downstream oil and gas sector; and rapidly establishing a robust footprint in shipping, retailing, storage and distribution.
To better secure its rapid business growth, and in order to meet the need for a stronger coordination of the Group's strategic, operational and financial activities, a senior management opening has been created for the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Assist the CEO in fostering and operationalising the Group's business vision.
- Identify and secure robust funding opportunities for the Group.
- Execute best practice strategies to ensure effective cash flow to meet the Group's business requirements.
- Ensure the protection of the business and financial assets of the Group, deploying strong, best-in-class internal control systems.
- Implement and maintain strong oversight of budget management, purchasing, regulatory/statutory compliance, contract, staff pension and payroll plans.
- Oversee all activities with regard to the Group's tax, audit, as well as financial reporting obliqations.
-Coordinate the growth and expansion strategies of the Group.
- 12-15 years experience in a related function.
- Strong background in finance and management, preferably a professional accounting qualification together with a
postgraduate management degree from a respected institution.
- Reliable financial accounting and corporate finance capability.
- Robust business strategy and strategy execution skills.
- Confidence to stand up for professional principles and convictions.
- Exposure with globally-respected businesses.
- Track record of strong business leadership achievements secured in challenging business environments.
- Comfort with macroeconomics.
- Familiarity with the dynamics of the oil sector, power sector reforms, as well as emerging African business opportunities in retailing.
- Well-grounded knowledge of leading accounting and financial computer applications.
- Not more than 45years old.
Interested, suitably-qualified candidates should forward their resume's to email@example.com to reach us not later than one week of this publication.
All CV's must include a one-page career/pedigree profile of the applicant.