Our mission and strategy – find out how we aim to help people to do more, feel better and live longer
An overview of what GSK does worldwide including information on our three main business areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare
Job Title Transport Planner
Location - Town / City Agbara
Location - Country Nigeria
Reporting To (Job Title) Distribution Manager
Type of position Permanent
Job Purpose/Scope The job-holder will be directly responsible for on-time delivery performance and ensuring cost efficiency in truck loading and routing.
He/She will manage;
• Weekly trucking Schedule
• Products delivery within lead time and economic load factor
• Route planning and Transporters Invoice Processing
• Monitor and ensure delivery lead time is met by transporter
• Preparation and adherence to weekly trucking schedule by third party transporters.
• Manage all loading and route planning activities.
• Determine load factor that minimises cost of transportation.
• Determine Truck fitness and documentation meet GSK EHS standards.
• Manage all delivery and Transporter exceptions.
• Manage all transporter documentation including bills and ensuring they are paid promptly within agreed time limit.
• Minimise number of stock left over and improve on JIT practices.
• Degree in Business or a related technical discipline; or an equivalent
• IT skill: Microsoft Excel, Word etc
• Good Communication skill
• Interpersonal skill
• Minimum of 2-5 years experience.
Competencies Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
• Knowledge and experience with Fleet utilization and Management practices.
• Proficiency in Transportation Management System (TMS) software.
• Knowledge of Nigeria’s road network and transportation system
• Very good technical knowledge of trucks.
• Familiarity with government regulation and trucking documentation
Click here to apply for this position