If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The following jobs exist at IITA
The project assistant will help the pilot manager in coordination of the AgResult Aflasafe project
The ideal candidate will among other things:
- Provide project updates and share relevant information on a regular basis.
- Visit implementing partners and conduct mission to field as necessary in consultation with Pilot Manager.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the Project Office.
- Assist with special projects and reports as needed.
- Establish and maintain the project’s information management system.
- Provide logistical support for all project training, seminars and workshops.
- Provide assistance to participating organizations and facilitate market linkages,
- Prepare tracking documents for meetings, and update tracking tools regularly.
- Facilitate collection and samples of data by the technical team.
- Assist and make appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance when needed.
- Follow up with the implementing partners for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on target group and other information material.
- Review data and information generated by the Projects’ implementing partner and prepare information materials for briefing and review sessions.
- Such other duties, properly assigned and as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service.
Minimum of HND/BSc. in Agriculture, General Sciences or related field.
- Domain-specific Agriculture knowledge and experience – e.g., smallholder maize production, commodity value chains, aflatoxin contamination and efforts to control aflatoxin.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement (including private sector) and participant management.
- Experience or knowledge of community or rural development approach.
- Knowledge or experience in market sector, agribusiness, civil society organizations, to maximize participation in and publicity of the pilot.
- Proven organizational, planning and budget management experience.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Preferably Hausa speaking.
- The Project Assistant is expected to support the successful delivery of the project implementation plan, produce quarterly pilot updates and report against this plan which specific focus on the quality assurance of the implementing partners
go to method of application »
The Research Communication Officer will report to the Africa RISING Project Coordinator for East/Southern and West Africa through the Communication Office at IITA
In collaboration with the Africa RISING Coordinator, the research teams, and the IITA Communication Office, the successful candidate will:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a detailed communication strategy for the two regional Africa RISING projects (West Africa, and East and Southern Africa).
- Support the collection, evaluation and capitalization of research findings through specific documentation (case studies, best practices, lessons learnt, fact sheets, articles for website and web2; etc.).
- Document and communicate news, updates and stories from the two projects for wider dissemination.
- Organize and manage project information and knowledge outputs for wide access and application in various forms: print, digital, video or audio and contribute these to the open sharing platforms and tools established at the Africa RISING Program level.
- Support and facilitate collaboration and communication within and across the two projects. This includes support for online tools, face to face meetings, workshops and facilitation, as needed.
- Assist with organization and facilitation of country and regional learning events bringing together project partners.
- Support networking and engagement activities with other actors in the target countries as a specific contribution Africa RISING’s wider alignment and scaling objectives.
- Support the innovative use of information, communication and knowledge-based interventions and approaches across the project, making use of, for example, participatory communication approaches, emerging ICTs, and working with partners in these areas.
- Plan and implement, information campaigns organized to promote Africa RISING generated findings and knowledge as needed.
- Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and experiences of the project through participation in related events and exchange meetings.
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring system and regular reporting in close collaboration with project coordinator and partners.
- Contribute to donor reporting, evaluation and planning processes.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the impact of the project communication activities
- Be a member of the steering committees for Africa RISING East/Southern Africa and West Africa
- Liaise with the Program Communication Team at ILRI in Addis Ababa to ensure Africa RISING-wide consistency in publication styles.
- Support the Program Communication Team in planning and organizing Program-wide events and products.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University degree in communication, knowledge management, or similar discipline (MSc. or Bachelor)
- Good understanding of poverty and sustainability issues in rural areas in Africa
- At least 5 years of working experience in communication agricultural research and science to different audiences
- Working experience with sustainable intensification of mixed crop livestock systems in rural areas (preferable)
- Proven track record in analysis, writing up and dissemination of agricultural research findings
- Experience in implementing monitoring & evaluation and impact assessment systems for communication activities
- Knowhow and experience in knowledge management including ICT and web2 tools
- Some experience in working with an international organization would be of advantage
- Excellent team worker and facilitator in an international environment, with good communication and networking skills
- Ability to integrate in and adapt to an existing complex project set-up
- Excellent spoken and written English, knowledge of French is an additional asset
- Willingness and ability to travel within Africa
General information: Initial appointment is for two years. Subsequent renewal of the contract will be decided based on research outputs and productivity, and continued need for the position.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft WOrd format. The curriculum vitae must also include names and email addresses of three professional referees which must include either The Head of applicants's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior Officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to proceed with application