Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Job ID: 1043915
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Reports to: Retail and Distribution Manager
- Retail sales representative to promote Pfizer products in retail pharmacies to pharmacist and pharmacy staff, to drive the offering of Pfizer brands to customers, through detailing activities and audiovisual presentations.
- Detailing Pfizer's products key features to the pharmacist in key retail accounts.
- Manage total Pfizer's portfolio in key Pharmacies.
- Develop and execute Business / Customer / Account plans for portfolio of products for a given geography, in line with Pfizer values.
- Allocate resources effectively to best fit business / account plans.
- Regularly review performance and progress of implementation of plans against agreed metrics.
- Set accounts sales targets as well as standards sales activities.
- Grow existing or develop new business to meet or exceed sales targets in key accounts.
- Develop and grow relationships with key customers through commercial knowledge, relationships and selling skills.
- Work to create Innovative commercial value propositions to drive desired availability.
- Work to identify potential new clients and business opportunities.
- Call and promote selected products on all commercially relevant personnel at the POS (owners, pharmacist.) the expected number of times a day with targeted frequency and sequence.
- Negotiate and secure the availability of promoted products, checking and ensuring proper inventories and the timely ordering of products.
- Present the value added commercial initiatives and programs.
- Gather feedback and present corresponding Pfizer solutions to customer needs.
- Spot emerging trends in retail (customer, competitor information, and value proposition insights) and communicate to the management of sales and marketing
- Report appropriate feedback and competitive info from customers to management for strategy adaptation.
- Managing financial situation of his or her customers.
- Meet all administrative and compliance expectations of management
- Managing distributor's inventory and sales.
- Propose and coordinate with marketing team pharmacies promotional plans and activities.
Job Specific Technical/Functional/Professional Competencies
- Excellent Verbal, Presentation and Written Communication Skills.
- Must possess Business and Financial acumen.
- Must possess Basic Selling Skills.
- Must be a Self starter and Emotionally intelligent.
- Must be Change agile.
- Must possess People /Relationship Management Skills.
- Exceptional Aptitude for Learning.
- Basic Information Technology [IT] Knowledge.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Excel Software Packages.
Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Biological Sciences- Preferably Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Geographical knowledge of the territories.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Therapeutic areas.
- Familiar with Standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Pharmaceutical Industry in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 1 -2 years experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Proven level of integrity.
- Budget Responsibility/ Number of Reports/ Geographic scope.
- Responsible for geography base trade budget.
Method of Application
Note: When the page opens, select your preffered location from the drop down menu and click on Search e.g Select "Africa - Nigeria, then click Search"
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on globaljobs.pfizer.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.