For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
After providing emergency aid, our humanitarian teams accompany the most vulnerable families and communities until they recover their livelihoods and self-sufficiency, to enable them to deal with the challenges of an uncertain future with dignity.
- The supply assistant supports the supply coordinator in implementing and supervising all supplies activities at his/her assigned base.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the purchaser or storekeeper in their absence.
List of main activities:
Management of supplies
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quotation requests and Internal Order Forms (IOFs)
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
Management of freight
- Ensure the planning and execution of freight is done
- Deal with the suppliers when there is problem
- Ensure the security for road access is done Monitor the administrative documents for all rented trucks
Management of warehouse
- Supervise the warehouse management
- Support the storekeeper in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human resource management
- Establish team schedules and follow up
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- Collect and check the IOF follow up before submission
- Collect and check the Stock management report before submission
- Prepare the supply logistic pack log for the mission
- Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- Professional Certification/Diploma in Logistic and/or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven experience in relevant field of Logistic/Supply
- Work Experience in Humanitarian Sector in a cross-culture setting will be of an added value.
- Previous team management experience
- Previous experience of remote management of teams.
- Good interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Computer applications, specifically MS XL.
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
Method of Application
Send your applications on: email@example.com
Please write the full JOB TITE in the Subject of Email and Save your CV file with your full Name.
This position will close on 05th of April, 2017, applications received after 05:00 pm on 05th of April, 2017 will not be entertained.