Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Sustainable Development and Alcohol in Society Manager - DIAGEO
Posted on: 20 March, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View Jobs posted same day
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Reports To: Corporate Relations Director
- Guinness Nigeria Plc is one of the largest beverage companies in Nigeria. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the economy.
- Guinness Nigeria Plc’s vision is to become the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer Products Company in Nigeria.
- The Corporate Relations function is committed to support the achievement of this vision by transforming our relationships with different groups of stakeholders.
- We recognize that everything we do, everything we say and everything our key stakeholders say about us define our reputation.
- We want to earn recognition for our amazing people, our unrivalled brand portfolio, our outstanding performance as a business, and our success as an innovator in everything that we do and for our commitment to the communities that we operate in.
Purpose of the Role
- The Sustainable Development and Alcohol in Society Manager is responsible for providing leadership, consultancy, project management and support to the business on the implementation, development and delivery of delivery of responsible drinking and community development programmes and positively contributes to corporate reputation.
- The Corporate Relations function in Guinness Nigeria covers Corporate Communications, Public Affairs & Policy, Employee Communications & Engagement, Community Relations management, Sustainable Development and Alcohol in Society.
- The role liaises closely with Plant Managers in each of the company’s breweries; business heads and representatives of the various Functions to achieve sustainable development objectives.
- Contact with the NGOs and developmental organization world will be essential.
- A close relationship with government ministries, departments and agencies across the country will also be essential in this role.
- An inspiring leader in the business at large
- Key member of the Corporate Relations team
- Proactively identify, drive and lead business improvement across the company
- To provide leadership, consultancy and support to the business on the implementation, development, and delivery of Sustainable Development and Alcohol in Society programmes and positively contribute to corporate reputation
- To support the Guinness Nigeria Leadership team and other employees in understanding corporate social responsibility and Alcohol in Society programmes and how these fit into the company’s corporate citizenship agenda
- Earn public recognition for Guinness Nigeria’s Sustainable Development and Alcohol in Society strategy by key government, community and media stakeholders through thought leadership and advocacy
Qualifications and Experience
- Business degree and a post graduate qualification or equivalent experience in one or more than the following: Marketing, Consulting, Sociology, Communication, Public Affairs, Issues Management
- Good industry and commercial understanding - able to translate regulatory threats into commercial impact
- Superior Written and verbal skills
- Project management - highly organized
- Ability to mobilize people and teams and exposure to influencing at senior management level
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior or middle management role in a leading industry working in a related discipline (communications, consulting, sociology, public affairs, issue management, marketing or policy development or influencing roles) working at a strategic level, developing and implementing sustainable development, community, policy programmes either in the corporate or voluntary sector.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Grauate Quality Analyst at FrieslandCampina
- Driver - Pool Car at SABmiller Plc
- Account Manager, Dow Adhesives at the Dow Chemical Company
- Associate Manager - SHE at SC Johnson (SCJ)
- Transport Service Centre Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Personal Assistant at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
- Food Technologist - Savoury at Givaudan Nigeria
- Production Planning Officer at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc