Our client is a reputable fast growing indigenous Oil and Gas Company with massive Investments in state-of-the-art facilities and operating presently in all the segments of the downstream sector of Nigeria economy.
As a result of expansion and strategic repositioning, we seek for immediate employment of the following exceptional individuals to join our existing team of more than 1000 employees.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) supports the work of the Company's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) focusing on the establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations in the Company. A senior management position, the role is for seasoned and qualified professional with visionary leadership skills in business development, project management, consulting, training, organizational development, strategic planning, and change management in managing the company's operations; willing and eager to take on risky and difficult assignments and driven by results.
The holder must be an accomplished leader and team builder with strong and consistent record of improving operational performance of projects. Has track record of demonstrated problem-solving capabilities with workout and turn-around skills enabling new business projects to be implemented. Holder must have good understanding of diverse business environments and markets. All Internal Department Heads responsible for delivering the Company's Products and Services shall report to the COO.
These include: - IT - Sales - Marketing - Operations – Customer Service/Account Management
1. Advise the Management Team on key Planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
2. Strategic Planning and Resource Allocation
3. Establish Operational Processes/Process Improvement.
4. Manage Strategy Implementation, in particular
5. Ensure quality control of all Company Output as pertains to Customer Acquisition and Delivery of Services
6. Ensure all Department Heads are fully informed of Operational Objectives.
7. Set Operational and/or Performance Goals to ensure that progress is being made
8. Establish and Monitor Performance Reporting Systems
9. Monitor Department Performance against Performance Goals to ensure that progress is being made
10. Conduct regular Meetings with Department Heads to ensure that priorities are dear and coordination is good.
II. Ensure activities comply with Organizational Requirements for Quality Management, legal Stipulations, and General Duty of Care.
12. Facilitate Resolution of Issues between Departments
13. Take Charge in High-Priority Crises.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to lead, plan and manage change
• Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• The ability to set priorities
• Good communication skills
• Must be between the ages of 35-50 with a minimum of 15 years experience, 5 of which should be in a Senior Management Position
• Recognized Bachelors Degree In Engineering or Management Sciences and clearly a quality MBA would be and added advantage.
What You Can Expect by Joining Our Team:
• A competitive salary and stock options
• The opportunity to work with an exceptional team of people who are bright, creative, courageous and have a passion for what they do.
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Finance directs the day-to-day financial activities of Company and has responsibility for overall Company financial policies and objectives. He/she ensures the security and stability of Company's assets and funds and identifies and secures additional financial resources to promote Company's growth and business diversity. The incumbent ensures the formulation of the operating budgets for the Group and regularly liaises with offices on administrative and routine operational office issues.
• Is the Chief Financial and Principal Accounting Officer of Company and directs the daily operation of Company's finance function, including treasury, budgeting, auditing, tax, accounting, capital purchasing, investor relations, risk management, and long-range forecasting and insurance activities.
• Provides counsel to Company's MD/ CEO relating to financial and tax, considerations of investments and other business transactions.
• Develops long-range strategies to establish and maintain the financial self-sufficiency of Company.
• Establishes Company's accounting systems and procedures and ensures they are up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Provides advice and review for compliance with appropriate statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Analyzes general economic business, and financial conditions to assess their impact on Company's policies, operations and profitability.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with auditors, actuaries, financial institutions, government agencies, joint venture partners and counterparts.
• Identifies sources of financing to expand the scope of Company's business opportunities.
• . Negotiates project financing: structures and documents financial packages and agreements.
• To the extent possible, minimize Company's tax liabilities.
• Financial management including preparing and filing quarterly and annual reports as well as annual shareholders proxy circulars etc.
• Presents to analysts and to investors.
• Prepares a monthly written report to Company's board of directors on the financial standing and conditions of the Company.
• Oversees all activities related to office management/administration, including contracts, leases and vendor agreements. Supervises administrative and financial personnel.
• Has charge and responsibility for all funds and securities of Company. Receives and gives receipts for monies due and payable to Company from any source whatsoever and deposits all such monies in the name of the Corporation In such banks trust companies, or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with the Bylaws.
• If required by the board, shall give bond for the faithful discharge of his duties in such sum and with such surety or sureties as the board of directors shall determine.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time by the President/CEO or by the board of directors.
• ACA/ACCA with strong background in finance, plus a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible financial management experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current accounting standards and procedures, knowledge of Internal controls and procedures for financial reporting as is necessary for compliance with procedures and standards.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should e-mail CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. with the position of interest as the SUBJECT of the e-mail not later than 2 weeks from date of this publication