Our client is a foremost and a leading business in Agro processing industry, located in the Eastern part of Nigeria, and contributes positively to Nigeria economy. As a result of expansion in its scope of business, there is a need to engage highly skilled workforce across the business.
We invite applications from suitably qualified, intelligent and resourceful individuals to fill the vacancies that exist within the company.
General Manager (Ref 2011/GM)
The general manager's position is one of the senior management posts in the company. The candidate will have responsibility for overseeing all the operations and practices of the organization as a whole. Specifically, his duties and role will include, but not limited to the following:
1. Effective and efficient coordination of the organization resources to achieve the goals and ambition of the company
2. Ensure all company processes and practices are working properly and in sync with one another and with the objective of the business
3. Effective Bank relationship management and sourcing of fund needed to finance company growth
4. Pays minute attention to the day to day business performance and provide concise and regular feedback to the top management through insightful reports
5. Conduct presentations to the higher management pertaining to business, Production, Sales & marketing, and Finance strategies, and all other necessary aspects of the company operations.
6. Conduct quarterly, bi-annual and yearly general meetings for presenting the business
performance (Profit/Loss, gains, and achievements) of the company
7. Ensure the right people are fixed on the right role and oversee management of people related issues within the company.
Skill and Qualification:
As a key requirement, the right candidate must have extensive managerial experience on varieties of corporate issues. Minimum of 5 Years on a similar role, with proven track records, strong leadership and business communication capability and financially inclined. A holder of 1st degree in social science and an MBA (preferably in finance). Possession of other relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage
Head of Finance (Ref 2011/HoF)
The Head of finance role is a senior management post in the company. Duties and responsibilities expected of this role shall include but not limited to:
1. Plan and coordinate the activities of finance team to ensure the team provides value driven services to the company
2. Champion company budgetary process to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business.
3. Co-ordinates the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting activities of the company.
4. Ensure all finance & accounting processes/procedures follow best practice and are consistent across all transactions and activities.
5. Coordinates all activities between the Head Office and divisional accounts functions.
6. Oversee Fixed asset management, Tax management, Treasury and Payroll functions of the company.
7. Establish key financial reports and ensure that the company financial statements are prepared timely, conform to relevant statutory regulations and show true and fair view of the business position.
8. Liaise with company Tax consultant, external auditors, and all relevant government agencies.
Skills and qualification:
Ideal candidate must possess strategic skill, highly numerate, result oriented and strong leadership capabilities. He must have minimum of 5 years cognate experience. A holder of 1st degree in Accounting or Finance, and professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA is a must. Possession of MBA and other relevant qualifications will be an advantage.
Internal Auditor Ref:2011/IA
The role of the internal audit unit provides important oversight on the entire business. We need candidate with great transformational and transactional leadership skills and able to share knowledge; develop people and work toward a better controlled, compliant and profitably business conditions so that there is protection of stakeholder's interest and assurance of good business practices. His duties & responsibilities include:
1. Put in place an effective and efficient internal control system across all business units in the company.
2. Review business transactions across various departments within the company to ensure compliance with generally accepted financial/accounting practices, statutory requirements and established company policies and procedures.
3. Conduct regular audits to ensure completeness and correctness of record keeping and adequate protection of companies' resources.
4. Regularly review the Internal Control systems to ensure relevance and adequacy.
5. Ensure adequacy of accounting records and compliance with relevant Accounting Standards.
6. Ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with relevant Local and International financial standards (e.g NASB, IFRS, SOX-where applicable. etc)
7. Prepare comprehensive audit reports in line with industry best practice and performance measures.
Ideal candidate must be self motivated candidate, great ability to read between the lines and strong sense of judgment. A holder of 1st degree in Accounting or Finance, and professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA is a must. Possession of MBA and other relevant qualifications will be an advantage.
1. Management Accountant (Ref:2011/MA)
2. Accounting Officers (3 Nos) (Ref 2011/AO)
The management accountant will be responsible for the preparation and interpretation of the financial statements and reports of the company, Assist in the preparation of company budget and forecast, Compilation and preparation of production costs, Preparation of factory variance analysis report, preparation and filing of tax returns, Fixed asset management, etc., while the Account officers will carry out general accounting functions required to assist the management accountant.
Bsc/HND and ACA is required for the post of the management accountant with minimum of 3-4 years cognate experience - preferably in a manufacturing company, while the Account officers should be holders of Bsc/HND with at least one year relevant experience
HR/Admin Manager (Ref 2011/HAM)
This role required candidate that can strategically manage the human resource tools of the business, and help the company attract & retain talented and self motivated personnel that can contribute positively to the attainment of its goals and vision. The Key roles of the ideal candidate shall include:
• Creates appropriate channel for employee feedback that can facilitate timely Identification and proper management of employee conflicts and grievance.
Bsc/HND in any of the social science field, with minimum of 3-4 years cognate experience. Possession of professional qualification from Institute of personnel shall be an advantage
Sales Manager (Ref 2011/SM)
The sales manager shall be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the company. Staffs and directs sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability & growth of the company, and establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base of the company. His specific roles shall include:
•Develops business plans and sales strategy for the business that will ensures
attainment of company sales goals and profitability
•Plans and coordinates the activities of the sales team
• Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
•Conducts one-on-one review with his Account Executives to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive's sales and activity performance.
•Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales performance.
•Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by
•Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
•Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
•Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within his team.
•Drives the Recruitment, testing, and hiring of Account Executives (as need arises) based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
Bsc/HND in Sales/Marketing or other relevant discipline. Professional qualification will be an advantage. Minimum of 3-4 years cognate experience is also key.
Method of Application
Note: all positions require very good IT skill, especially Microsoft excel, Words and Power Point Presentation. Knowledge of Sage or Navision or Tally accounting package is required for all Finance roles.
Candidates not willing to relocate to the Eastern part of Nigeria should not apply.
Only applicants that meet above requirements should send their resume online (in word format as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org