Administrative and Finance Associate at UNDP
Posted on: 14 May, 2013
Deadline: 28 May, 2013
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
The Agriculture Transformation Agenda (ATA), unveiled by the Honourable Minister for Agriculture presented opportunities for the provision of technical assistance and other support to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) for the scale up of positive inclusive markets experience in Nigeria. The ATA is aimed at establishing a sustainable agriculture and agribusiness in Nigeria to raise the income of rural farmers. UNDP through its project, Facility for Inclusive Markets (FIM) has offered to support the Government of Nigeria (GoN) in key demand areas that include developing and implementing key value chains in agriculture and agro-industry and enhancing inclusiveness. FIM will also work towards its goal of catalysing the scale up of positive Inclusive Market experience in Nigeria and as a platform for capturing knowledge in and out of Nigeria.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is providing, through UNDP, long term technical assistance to the Agricultural Transformation Implementation Group (ATIG) as the organ established by the FMARD to implement the Agricultural Transformation Agenda. This support will compliment the UNDP-FIM project and ensure the successful delivery of the goals of the ATA. This project will provide critical technical expertise to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to successfully implement the ATA. The UNDP-BMGF technical assistance to FMARD will support term technical assistance for capacity development and the expansion of value chains in agriculture and agro-industry, institutional policy support and direct intervention to farmers and other small holder value chain actors that are vital to ensuring inclusiveness and sustainable results in the creation of business opportunities and jobs at the grassroots.
The success of the agricultural transformation agenda depends to some extent on the ability of the FMARD to mobilize adequate resources to implement the transformation plan. Complimentary technical and funding resources to execute the transformation plan would need to be mobilized by forging strategic partnership with donors, Foundations and major Development Banks and institutions.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager the Administrative Associate provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery
Promoting Organizational Learning And Knowledge Sharing
- Maintaining information and databases
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting).
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but not a requirement. Certified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test required.
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required
The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Fluency in English and the national language of the duty station.
A service contract (SC) is a modality for hiring individuals in a project under a non-staff contract.
Method of Application
To apply follow link
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Case Monitors at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- TA WASH Officer, NOB at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications Advisor at Cuso International
- Job at Biodiversity Preservation Center (BPC)
- Human Resources Country Manager at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Advocacy and Communications Officer at Action Against Hunger | AAH-International