Jobs at at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Christ the Cornerstone Worship Center)
Posted on: 16 February, 2017
Deadline: 20 February, 2017
View Jobs in Religious
View All Jobs at Redeemed Christian Church of God
The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ the Cornerstone Worship Center, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following graduate and experienced positions below:
- The Accountant will be responsible for analyzing, processing and inputting accounting data to produce accurate and timely financial results while ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Church's accounting systems.
- Prepare/review and record monthly journal entries as required to produce accurate financial reports.
- Supervise monthly accounting closing. Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements for all funds. Prepare special reports for Finance/Treasury Committee Meetings and other presentations.
- Review financial statements and general ledgers for significant variances from budget. Research causes and report findings to management.
- Supervise donor contribution and other cash receipts processing.
- Maintain Non-Cash Gift files. Coordinate recording of gift and entry to general ledger.
- Develop and maintain Accounting procedures for all areas of the Finance Department.
- Assist with annual budget preparation, annual audit, and other projects as directed.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations and recurring journal entries.
- Prepare Weekly Cash reports for Pastorate
- Prepare Annual Cash Forecast for Operating fund and weekly reports against that forecast. 12. Maintain working knowledge of all Finance areas (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Contributions and Cash Receipts) and assist during any vacancies in these areas.
- Perform other accounting duties as workload requires.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a Business course required.
- Previous 2-5 years' work experience in Accounting, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain and protect church confidential and proprietary information.
- High level of interpersonal relationship skills essential when working with other groups, ministry and staff members.
- Ministry-minded focus with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Finance ministry and the church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and church-related, short- and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software.
go to method of application »
A Church is currently looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of Executive Church Administrator/Pastor’s Personal Assistant position requires a self-starter, who works well under pressure and able to deliver on time. Candidate must be dedicated to furthering the work by using their talents and applying biblical principles in the administration field and serve in a staff position to advise and assist the church leadership.
- Coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day operations and activities of the church.
- Supervise and manage all the support staff in the church.
- Conduct periodic formal performance evaluations of staff and assist in goal-setting.
- Advise and assist the church leadership.
- Facilitate the effective ministry of the Senior Pastor by serving her/him with excellence, in a spirit of Christ-likeness, teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintain internal communications by publishing the church bulletin, newsletter, and by other means.
- Ensure the quality and prompt dispatch of all outgoing correspondence.
- Coordinate negotiation of major asset purchases.
- Provide long Range planning (financial, facility, scheduling).
- Assist in various special projects under taken by the senior pastor or departments/ministries within the church.
- Managing the pastor’s schedules, calendar and all appointments and carry out any other assignment from the Senior Pastor.
- Liaising with the HODs and Ministers in ensuring successful implementation of approved events and programs.
- Responsible for Human Resource Management. Knowing schedules and whereabouts of all personnel and how to contact them in an emergency.
- Supervises general maintenance of the Church Management System.
- Coordinating travel details for outside speaking engagements.
- Coordinating Guest Minister’s visits
- Has a renewed life in Christ.
- Has a growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation
- Bachelors’ Degree and equivalent work experience with 2 – 5 years’ experience
- Must have leadership skills and relevant administrative experience.
- Dynamic, resilient, proactive and share the vision of the Church with great passion of seeing it fulfilled.
- Must be able to operate independently and also work with a team and assume leadership role when necessary..
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Excellent customer service, effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power point)
go to method of application »
- Christian Church seeks a Christian who is personable, engaging, motivated and self-directed to act as assistant to the other staff, and lay volunteers. Individual must be detailed, organized, energetic, multi-tasking, dependable, computer literate, and able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Responsibilities include general office management and financial/bookkeeping support. Full time with benefits. The person called to this position should be a Christian with general and office skills, who truly feels “called to Christian service,” and who is willing to go “above and beyond” the personal investment in a job that is considered “normal” in the secular world of work.
- Must be personable and engaging
- Post high school vocational/specialized training or an associate's Degree or Diploma.
- Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Website maintenance)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (copy machine, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Have excellent command of English language, composition and punctuation
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in areas such as financial records, counseling situations and other private matters.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject line of your mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs