If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Greenlight Planet is looking for an Associate Manager, Operations who will be based in Lagos. The role shall broadly involve working closely with Greenlight Planet’s Distribution Partner; supervising the entire Supply Chain operation while coordinating with Greenlight Planet’s distribution network and sales force.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Preparation of importation orders seamlessly by:
- Working with the relevant Nigeria authorities- Customs, Federal Government of Nigeria and the local government to ensure the company is totally compliant.
- Follow up on SONCAP Product certificate provision at origin
- Submit SONCAP certificate to CHA for Form M application
- Ensure document compliance and appropriate Form M number
- Ensure timely clearance by following up expeditiously on the clearance process as per the set SLAs with the CHA.
- Closely monitoring the CHA as per the set KPIs
- Ensuring all third party charges are as per the tariff
- Enforcing P2P best practice by ensuring that vendors are paid on time
- Plan for inventory levels as per the requirement of EasyBuy (EB) direct sales to ensure optimum stocks with zero stock outs at all times by:
- Following up on inventory projections from the Head of Sales
- Comparing the projections with the updated pipeline inventory
- Analysing everyday sales from the Hub for purposes of replenishment and invoicing
- Establishing an EOQ
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Managing all inventory at the warehouse from the time of receipt and allocation of stock to the time of outward report by:
- Ensuring the GRN is done within the set KPIs
- Billing and invoicing compliance in accordance with set KPIs
- Ensuring that new received stock is allocated accordingly
- Ensuring that stock received is put away in accordance with best practice of FIFO
- Working with finance to ensure timely replenishment of stock
- Daily invoicing of the sold-out units
- Initiating orders and following up with 3PL provider for order picking/filling
- Coordinating dispatch to ensure timely receipts at the shops
- Ensuring zero stock outs
- Coordinating weekly cycle counts and monthly stock counts in conjunction with the service provider.
- Ensuring complete visibility of inventory at shop level and at EO level by keeping tab of inventory level at the shops by daily/weekly follow up of inventory update by shop managers
- Coordinating a flawless outbound for the purposes of DRP to avert any situation of bullwhip effect by:
- Best practices of JIT
- Measuring the service provider as per the set KPIs of O-T-D
- Ensuring that delivery to shops is done within the set timelines
Warranty and Disposal
- Coordinating warranty replacements and reverse logistics for in warranty stocks from shops to the EB technical team
- Spearheading the disposal process for all returns in accordance with Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA)
- Inventory Reporting Weekly on EB stocks at warehouse, shops and EO levels
- Daily EB sales report comparing Angaza Vs daily invoiced.
- Any other report as need be.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a degree or Post Graduate qualification (MBA-preferably Operations) from a Premier institution
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) would be an added bonus
- Has 5-7 years in Supply Chain Management with experience working in rural markets or working with FMCG / Pharma / product distribution companies
- Knowledge and hands on experience of imports / customs tariffs / procedures, inbound and outbound logistics, including reverse logistics, warehousing & physical distribution, commercial / Fiscal knowledge – GRN/GI, local taxation, entry taxes, etc. for Nigeria and West Africa
- Ability to manage and work with 3PL/4PL service providers and outsourced logistics service providers
- Ability to work with distributors, sales teams and sales agents to ensure smooth distribution operations
- Knowledge and working experience of a robust ERP / WMS
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Greenlight Planet career website on greenlightplanet.recruiterbox.com to apply