If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works.
Over the years, we have emerged to be a formidable and enviable construction firm in the Nigeria property development and real estate sphere.
Through its productive journey of eight years, the company has relentlessly grown to be committed to meeting and satisfying one of the most fundamental desires on the hierarchy of human needs
To be effective on the job, you will need superb analytical and business skills. One of your main objectives will be to meet project budgets, you are to assess the operational and financial risks for proposed construction projects and help the company to select the most commercially viable ones. Multitasking and leadership skills are also important, as you should be able to prioritize projects according to urgency or client demands, and effectively delegate tasks to project managers. Clear speaking and writing skills are useful when explaining technical information to clients and drawing project budgets.
- Policy Formulation: Formulating policy is one of your core duties. Policies can also include disciplinary actions taken when employees break company rules.
- Planning: The planning of various company operations and activities is another major concern of the operations manager. As an Operations manager you determine which products are bought and sold, what prices they are bought or sold for and to whom they will be marketed. Planning and coordinating activities between various departments such as determining what types of sales promotions the company will engage in.
- Controlling Resources: Controlling major company resources is yet a third major function for you. You’ll oversee the implementation of payroll policies and procedures, how much employees are paid, how funds are allocated for benefits packages and how other funds are spent to keep the company operating smoothly on a day-to-day basis. You will regularly review financial statements to ensure that the company is operating as efficiently and as profitably as possible.
- Communication: Communicating with other management professionals within the organization to keep the company running smoothly, and communicating with other companies and organizations with which the company does business. You will be responsible for putting together reports and financial statements that are essential for other top executives within the company or organization.
- Task Monitoring: Providing supervision of all assigned work unit activities through subordinate managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
Other duties include:
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development.
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Serve on the Executive Management Team.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the ED.
- Work himself/herself out of a job by training the next generation in project management, leadership skills, corporate culture and values.
- Maintain primary profit/loss responsibility for assigned operational units
VALUES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Firm commitment to company’s core values: Respect for the Individual, Excellence, Accountability, and Leadership.
- Team Work: Commitment to working in a collaborative, team environment.
- Passion: Demonstrate passion for people, urban areas, neighborhood revitalization, and mixed income housing.
- Education Degree Qualification: An ideal candidate for this position must have not less than seven (7) years experience in the operations field and must be able to show proof , MBA from a reputable institution and Certification in PMP is an added advantage.
- Personal Growth: Have the desire and internal fortitude to give of your time, talents and resources to become the best version of yourself in order to positively impact others and the company.
- Computer and Technical Skills: Should be able to embrace and adapt to technology required to fulfill responsibilities of this position, to include Microsoft Office and Project Management software, or equal. Ability to complete the following reports:
- Daily Construction Reports
- Weekly Progress Report
- Monthly Project Report
- Personnel Supervision: Manages and directs his/her direct reports, including:
- Reviews: Prepares Annual performance reviews of any direct reports. Periodic reviews of progress toward annual goals of any direct reports.
- Establishment of annual performance goals of any direct reports with Senior Project Manager.
- Industry Knowledge: Due to the variety of projects that Efficacy Construction targets for construction, a wide breadth of knowledge is desired to be viewed as a valuable resource by a variety of clients. This knowledge includes:
- Commercial and residential types of construction and methods of project delivery.
- Development of sites, utilities, and infrastructure.
- Government services, including zoning, permitting, taxes, incentives and abatements.
- Contracts and Agreement for effecting construction and real estate transactions.
- Familiarity with sustainable design concepts.
- An understanding of industry trends and innovations to be able to translate to
- Established Network: Efficacy Construction has relationships with trade associations, business influencers, and past customers.
- Leadership: You must be able to lead both clients externally and project team members internally. Experience with responsibility for leading, supporting and managing a skilled staff and consultants. You should be able to train, instruct and mentor members of the team in various methods and techniques that will enhance the team and company performance.
- Time Management: Developed organizational, planning and time management abilities utilized to solve problems creatively, manage/schedule multiple priorities, and adherence of deadlines.
- Frequent meetings with management and board.
- Executive level interaction with Development, Corporate and Property Management organizations.
- Frequent contact with 3rd party construction customers and Development partners.
- Frequent contact with financial service providers, Insurance, Subcontractors and Vendors
Qualification: Bsc/HND, MBA and minimum of 7 years cognate experience. Membership of relevant professional bodies an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below