Jobs at a Leading Real Estate Company - Workforce Group
Posted on: 15 February, 2017
Deadline: 28 February, 2017
View Jobs in Real Estate
View Jobs posted same day
Workforce Management Centre (WFMC) - Our client, a reputable Real Estate Company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
- H/She will manage the production of management reports and budgets for the organization and assist in financial planning processes.
- H/She will develop strong business partnering relationships with management teams and budget holders.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of the Monthly Management accounts process.
- Assist with the forecasting & annual budgeting process.
- Assist with preparation of year end accounts, liaising with auditors as required.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, including reconciliation of statutory accounts with management accounts.
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with the CFO.
- Provide variance analysis and commentary.
- Consolidate annual budget, including long-term cash flow planning, and rolling business plan/forecast information for subsequent years.
- Manage the integrity and accuracy of the accounting management system and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks within the finance department
- Minimum 7 years financial experience with previous involvement in management accounts, commercial analysis and stock management.
- Strong IT skills essential, in particular Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interrogate and consolidate data from different sources.
- Ability to use initiative and work pro-actively with strong problem solving skills
- ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Highly numerate with strong organizational capability.
- Maintain strong relationships with other teams delivering high levels of customer service.
- Strong team working and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
go to method of application »
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To maximise project margin and add value to the various projects by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- To carry out monthly financial reviews (CVR’s) on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Handover on winning a contract, usually through meetings with the estimators.
- Checking the tender documentation and any irregularities or discrepancies to be brought to the team’s attention.
- Delegating copying of drawings to site managers and relevant subcontractors using an issue sheet or variation order.
- Dealing with correspondence and instructions.
- Producing valuations correctly and on time including budgetary valuations and any projected future costs which will involve regular communication with the PQS and/or Architect.
- Keeping of diary for due payments, raising of Invoices and chasing of monies due in conjunction with the Accounts Department.
- Dealing with all the project costs.
- Reconciliations to be undertaken every month on each project.
- Forecasts should be undertaken on each project every month.
- Payment to Sub-contractors after agreement of valuations through a payment advice form which is to be given to the accounts department.
- Producing of final accounts.
- Visiting sites and building relationships with site managers.
- Training and development of Assistant Surveyors and Technical Trainees.
- Contractual correspondence to Sub-contractors, Consultants, etc.
- Preparation of Claims documentation if necessary.
- Preparation of cost plans.
- Technically qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management.
- Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience within the real estate industry.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrable experience in EPC contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
- Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workface through to Senior Management level.
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate “Senior Management Accountant” as subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Assistant Manager - Finance at Palton Morgan Holdings
- Corporate Events Manager at ToLet.com.ng
- Remote Writers at ToLet.com.ng
- Job Openings at Crovation Limited
- Experienced Property Agent at Private Property Listings Nigeria Limited
- Real Estate Development Sales Manager at Greenline Agencies and Concepts
- Head Of Marketing At Crovation Limited
- Legal and Administrative Secretary at a Real Estate and Property Development Company - HRLeverage