Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers:
Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Switching and maintaining sub-station equipment for proper operation.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions.
- Recording hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the network and substation
- Periodical and regular inspection of station both inside control room and outside in the switch yard to determine proper operation of facilities and maintain security
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Analyzing problems to determine type of repairs necessary and informing appropriate personnel.
- Notes changes in load and make routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to appropriate quarters.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
Not more than an OND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with at least 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of technical handbooks, standards specifications and best practices
- Power Industry Knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Behavioral Competencies
- Good Communication
- Analysis and Reporting Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.