Job Opportunity at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
Posted on: 13 February, 2017
Deadline: 20 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at HIFASS
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) - Local OVC Partners in Nigeria (LOPIN3) which started in August 2014 is a five year PEPFAR/USAID funded project implemented in Cross River and Ebonyi states. The project works with LGAs, communities, households and families where children are orphaned or made vulnerable due to HIV/AIDS and other disabilities. LOPIN 3 works within the context of overall goal of "Mitigating the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Children and Households" The project is implemented by a consortium of 3 local organizations with HIFASS as the lead partner and others including, People-to-people Health Foundation Nigeria (PPHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakaliki Succour and Development Services Initiatives (SUCCDEV).
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Terms of Reference
- Under the supervision of the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Coordinate the project data collection in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Design/update tools for data collection, analysis and dissemination;
- Lead State M & E Officers in the management and update of LOPIN-3 the databases
- Administer the project database and ensure it is constantly updated;
- Ensure the training of Sub-recipients M & E Officers in the use of the database;
- Ensure complete and timely reporting through the implementation of an efficient data management system from the provision of data collection tools to reporting;
- Ensure data analysis from Sub-recipient CSOs;
- Ensure data quality through the establishment of a Quality Assurance system for the project data;
- Establish a network of data managers on LOPIN-3 sites in view of improving the quality of data
- Periodically check the consistency of monitoring and evaluation indicators as defined for each activity of the Project;
- Produce on quarterly basis the project indicator performance tracking table for each CSO
- Develop monthly and quarterly written reports per deadlines;
- Strengthen the capacity of sub-recipients as well as LGA and State M & E personnel;
- Ensure data collection tools are available on implementation sites;
- Develop procedures and manuals for data quality assurance;
- Oversee the development and implementation of data quality control system, data quality assurance for the program activities and the Audit of Data Quality;
- Establish and maintain good working relations with important State officials, partners and NGOs;
- Conduct any other duties in relation with the position
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in Public Health, Demography, Health Management, Developmental Studies, Public Administration, Business Management, Social Sciences, Biological Sciences, Operations research or related fields.
- At least 10-15 years working experience working with relational databases and Geographical Information System(GIS)
- Proven experience in surveys and assessment, result-based planning, performance monitoring, use of statistical packages (such as CSPRO, Epi-Info, Stata and SPSS) in data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent analytical, reporting, computer and communication skills are essential requirement.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS, gender and gender-based violence in Nigeria and specifically in the two States is required.
- Previous working experience in Cross River and Ebonyi States will be added advantage.
- Experience on National OVC Management Information System(NOMIS) is desirable
- Experience in HIV/AIDS programs, Gender and related health fields, health planning and research, social developmental work will be an advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates with no experience and competences in GIS and database management need not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about HIFASSSimilar Jobs
- Programme Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Human Resources Business Partner at Oxfam Nigeria
- Drivers at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Administrative Officers at the War Against Chronic Diseases Initiative
- Field Workers at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- National Research Coordinator - Lassa Fever at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Technical Specialist at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Vacancies at Options