Our client is a fast growing recognised and respected name in the Nigerian hospitality and QSR industry. We are looking to recruit for our client, an experienced Restaurant Manager with a proven background in the QSR industry with relevant and significant exposure to international brands, to fulfil this dynamic role. The successful individual will contribute in the planning and organising of all the client’s manufacturing activities.
Ref: PPFRM 01
Reports to: Managing Director
The incumbent will ensure that the outlet operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation and ethos of the client. He/She must coordinate a variety of activities, be responsible for the business performance, quality standards and health and safety of the restaurant. This role is both business-like and creative particularly in terms of marketing and business development, and involves combining strategic planning and day-to-day management activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Coordinate the entire restaurant operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house
- Deliver superior service and ensure absolute customer satisfaction
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
- Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes
We are looking to recruit for our client, an experienced and resourceful Restaurant Manager with a proven background in the QSR industry and with relevant and significant exposure to international brands, to fulfil this dynamic role. The successful individual will have responsibilities including; maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals.
The individual will ensure efficient restaurant operation as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards.
The successful candidate will also contribute in the planning and organising of all the client’s manufacturing activities.
Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales
- Create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development
- Set budgets or agree them with senior management
- Plan and coordinate menus
- Coordinate the operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
- Respond efficiently to customer queries and complaints;
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
- Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Ensure compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- Overseeing stock levels
- Prepare and present staffing/sales reports
Experience and Qualification
- HND/BSc Degree holder in business studies, business, management or hospitality management.
- Significant experience in the QSR industry with specific exposure to respected indigenous and foreign/international owned brand such as KFC, Debonairs, Dominos, Chicken Republic, etc
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience in the restaurant manager position.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven working experience as restaurant manager or restaurant general manager
- Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast paced environment.
- Team working skills to be able to lead a team and be a part of it
- The ability to work independently and confidently to make your own decisions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills for diplomatically handling staff and customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters.
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Track compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced Restaurant Manager with 3-5 years of significant experience who has worked in a foreign owned QSR or retail based environment. The successful individual will have responsibilities including; maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. The individual will ensure efficient restaurant operation as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards. The successful candidate will also contribute in the planning and organising of all the client’s manufacturing activities. Key to success in this role will be the ability to; act independently and make sound professional decisions in crises situations and find it easy to formulate new methods of working to improve existing processes.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should send in their CVs and application letters to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference above as subject. Please click on the job title to view the detailed job description.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.