Engineering Jobs at Owens & Xley Consults
Posted on: 12 February, 2017
Deadline: 17 February, 2017
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Owens and Xley
Owens & Xley Consults - Our client, an Electrical Engineering and Home Automation company, is looking to fill the position of Engineering Manager.
Function of the Role
- The Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating and leading the activities of the engineering department.
- You will direct the conceptualization, design and delivery of innovative technical solutions for the company’s clients.
- You will liaise with the state and local government regulatory agencies when required.
- The Engineering Manager will also manage engineers and all other technical staff.
- Lead and manage the engineering team
- Responsible for the design, development and specification of components for electrical power distribution systems and utilization systems using relay or Programmable Logic Control (PLC) equipment
- Works with business development team to develop proposals and bid documents
- Develop scope of work for Automation system, networks and projects
- Responsible for cost and risk assessment during project bid and risk mitigation during project execution
- Identifies end user training needs for technologies and products delivered
- Manages automation projects, monitors scope, schedule, and budget based on the project plan
- Project scheduling through use of project management software (Microsoft Project or other)
- Delivers status updates and reports to customers, partners and management
- Conducts quality management reviews
- Prioritizes and balances competing project demands and conflicting project requirements
- Travels (if required) to sites to observe before, during, and after construction
- Understands, implements, and enforces company and client standards on projects
- Delegating work, training and supervising on less experienced engineers
- Coaching and mentoring other staff
- Trouble shooting, equipment inspection and resolving work problems
- Supporting all engineering teams
- HND or BSC in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronics, Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 Years experience + COREN Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read analyze and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficient in power distribution, Lighting design, fire alarms, security systems and audio-visual communication systems.
- Exposure to home automation systems is a definite advantage
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD etc
- Experience with electrical calculation software such as eTAP
- Knowledge of electrical codes and engineering standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Time/stress management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Owens and XleySimilar Jobs
- Chief Information Officers at Fircroft Nigeria
- Business Development Managers at Pedini-Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Marketing Executives at McDorsey Service Company Limited
- Pipeline Projects Manager at a Leading Engineering and Construction Company - Micheal Stevens Consulting
- Research Specialist and Creative Writers at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Latest Vacancies at ABB
- Sales Manager at Smartflow Technologies
- Channel Business Managers at Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS)