MTN Nigeria Recruitment for Segment Manager
Posted on: 10 February, 2017
Deadline: 23 February, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To create sustainable, profitable, market volume and value growth for the High Value Segment of the Consumer Market.
- To assist and support the Senior Brands Manager - Consumer Market Group in the implementation of strategies to achieve agreed business objectives
- Contribute to 3-5 year market plans with clear strategy to action / operational plans.
- Plan and develop High Value Segment growth strategy in conjunction with Product, marketing services and master brand Manager
- Work with relevant units to develop products/services based on strong profiling of particular groups of customers. Develop initiatives to increase customers’ satisfaction via the customer management process.
- Contribute to the understanding of the financial strength of key projects involving changes in subscriber numbers, cost of product/service delivery, Marketing spend, average revenue per user (ARPU), return on investment etc and proposing next steps
- Apply research skill to accomplish business objectives: analyze data, search for trends, develop key findings, conclusions and indicated actions from qualitative/quantitative consumer and customer research
- Develop advertising/communication concepts in support of MTN’s brand building initiatives that can be successfully executed in the market place
- Manage advertising/promotions/events independently from concepts stage (agency briefing–script-storyboard development) to execution (production- flighting)
- Review market and internal conditions and contribute to the development of marketing strategies for the Achievers and Traders market segments and ensure segment marketing strategies are based on clear value proposition that is aligned to MTN Value proposition.
- Develop detailed plans and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, stir up preservation, etc in support of defined marketing strategies.
- Monitor execution of High Value and emerging market strategy against specifications.
- Evaluate new opportunities for expansion and revenue growth and develop creative and innovative approaches to drive sustainable growth in the markets.
- Develop promotion campaigns to stimulate usage and profitable consumer connections.
- Identify, review and monitor demographic profiles of the Achievers and Traders segment customers continuously.
- Provide delivery and performance tracking support to management, identify opportunities and leverage MTN and HV segment value proposition to take advantage of such opportunities.
- Manage and contribute to the development of communication to drive understanding of value proposition and achieve business objectives.
- Conduct research on the market and customers, analyze data, search for trends and develop key findings, conclusions and indicate actions from qualitative/quantitative consumer and customer research.
- Develop advertising/communication concepts in support of MTN’s brand building initiatives and manage advertising/promotions/events independently from concepts stage (agency briefing–script-storyboard development) to execution (production- flighting).
- Identify training and development needs for team members and manage related skills enhancement programmes to ensure enterprise targets are fully met.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National and international travels
Experience & Training
- First degree in marketing or any other Social Science discipline
- MBA from a reputable local/ International institution an advantage
- 8 years experience of which:
- At least 3 years in a managerial/ supervisory position
- Marketing experience within an FMCG environment
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Telecommunication Fundamentals
- Basic GSM
- MS office and common business applications
- Strategic management / decision making
- Effective leadership and human capital management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria career website on careers.mtnonline.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Banking/Financial Application Software (Web/Desktop) Developer at Access Solutions Limited
- Senior Associate, Housing at eHealth Africa (eHA)
- Senior Associate, Marketing, Sales & Relationship Management (MSRM) at Emerging Platforms
- HMS Marketing Executives at Ifotta
- Product Pricing & Analysis Executive at Airtel Nigeria
- Fleet Management Officer at Stresert Services Limited
- Application/Solutions Developer at Intellifin Solutions Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at ATC Nigeria