Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
JOB PURPOSE - Successful candidate will:
Champion and lead for the development and delivery of value proposition, pricing strategies, product analysis and usage intelligence, policies, processes, compliance for Airtel business GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) & VAS products and propositions
Take ownership of GSM (Voice, Data, SMS), VAS & Devices pricing strategy by ensuring that strategic/marketing decision-making is supported by an accurate, efficient and effective pricing modeling system
Manage all GSM(Voice, Data, SMS) & VAS products in-life and to meet operational targets for revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction
Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Pricing -
- Pricing Design and Strategy - Create price designs, including development of price strategies, structures, models and tools, for products, customer segments and customer bids.
- Matrix - Manages cross functional support for pricing and price compliance activity, industry and regulator debate and customer pricing issues for corporate customer segments.
- Conduct sensitivity analysis for deviation from standard pricing for all tarrifs and packages
- Work with relevant teams in IT and network to develop bespoke packages for corporate customers
- Lead all pricing and tariff approvals
- Assist and advise stakeholders in making informed and effective business decision on product pricing
- Analyze competitor price offerings in order to enhance the Airtel Business value positioning
- Identify, develop and maximize right pricing methodology to meet business objectives
Product Management, proposition Development, Revenue and Margin Management -
- End-to-end management of existing GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) and VAS value propositions to meet targets for profitability and revenues, as agreed with the Corporate Segment team
- Work with Airtel stakeholder community to develop competitively priced value proposition and packages which generates agreed margins for products and services
Business Analysis, Data analysis, Usage and Retention analysis and Intervention -
- Manage each in-life solution products and services on a profit and loss account basis, using financial performance data to make individual product investment and withdrawal decisions, proposing and implementing changes required to optimize performance through:
- Customer incentives plans
- Sales incentives plans
- Cross Sells
- Analyze the daily, weekly and monthly reports on product portfolio performance, region wise and at pan OPCO level to understand the trend of customer demands and acceptability inclination
Market and Customer Insight -
Leverage market research to get insights into consumer behavior and preferences and drive future programs and promotions for GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) and VAS product portfolio
Performance Management -
- Provide strategic support to enhance the delivery on regional corporate sales targets for GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) and VAS product
- Deploy relevant metrics to routinely monitor progress against targets and recommend appropriate remedial actions to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Provide sales performance data to support management decision making
Cross Functional Engagement and Support -
- Act as the Single Point of Contact for all GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) and VAS related engagement across stakeholder departments in head office
- Trade and Sales Team Information Dissemination and Training -
- Coordinate content development and delivery of skill enhancement programs to enhance product knowledge of customer facing teams
- Carry out regular product training needs analysis
Sales Support -
- Support sales teams in development of appropriate content and solution designs required for sales proposal
- Lead the development of product collateral ensuring appropriate collateral for all product within the GSM (Voice, Data, SMS) and VAS
- Establish and continuously review sales management process to support the sale of enterprise products and services. Such processes include:
- Bid Management
- Contract Management
- Effective Competitor Analysis and Intelligence -
- Effectively liaise with Marketing in analyzing competitor’s activities as well as relevant market development and proposing pre-emptive counter measures
MAJOR CHALLENGES -
- Driving exponential business growth across all regions
- Limited IT capabilities of data management and segmentation of this segment
- Creating visibility of Airtel products and services
- Effective delivery and timely communication of all schemes and product launches to existing and potential Corporate accounts
KEY DECISIONS -
Responding to market dynamics and recommending measures to increase sales and revenue from existing & new accounts
METRIC MEASURES -
- Customer Acquisition
- Product Portfolio Revenue
- Product Revenue Growth
- Usage and Rétention
Relevant Skill and Experience
- A first degree or its equivalent in Computer science, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or Business related discipline
- 8+ years of varied experience in Sales & Marketing with at least 4 years at middle management level handling independent businesses
- An in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems is highly desirable
- Relevant experience in Telecom industry is desirable
- Pricing, Product Management, Business Analysis and Planning, Presentation, Business Case Development Skills
- Utmost professional integrity
- Ability to present compelling business cases for investment in in-life products and services development.
- Analytical thinker who can plan/execute action to exploit business opportunities.
- Ability to exercise "thought leadership" throughout Airtel and customer organizations.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian GSM and mobility market.
- Ability to manage the product life cycle.
- Ability to use market research gap analysis to develop profitable products and services.
- Understanding of the industry sector and key customers in that sector inclusive of related strategies and business challenges
- Experience of managing GSM (Voice, Data, SMS), VAS & Devices
- High drive for results
- Analytical & strategic
- Team Player; Confident and Objective
- Attention to detail/ excellent oral and written communication skillsGood presentation skills
- Ready to achieve beyond set target
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale