Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Reports to: Gender Equality Advisor
Duration: 2 Years 8 Months
- Provide support to map out existing women groups and build their capacity on Leadership, Economic Empowerment, Gender and MNCH issues using existing VSLA guidelines and manual in the development arid implementation of the project’s strategy to ensure Gender mainstreaming and positive behavioral change for improved demand and utilization of MNCH services within cluster of Local Government Areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project teen, in all phases of the project cycle
- Coordinate and implement community component of VSLA strategies.
- Identity capacity gaps of VSLAs, design and implement most feasible capacity building activities based on identified gaps
- Supervise and monitor the capacity building of stakeholders and other activities of project partners at community and household levels, inline with project standards.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of project engagement strategy with 100 woman groups, male champions and traditional/religious leaders.
- Participate in program research processes in the project
- Work with service delivery facilitators, Gender Advisor to strengthen linkages and ensure alignment of demand and supply side interventions, including addressing demand/supply side issues
- Work with and support WDCs and other stakeholders to ensure safe spaces for greater participation of women and adolescent in decision making around MNCH issues, including the development and implementation of advocacy and community mobilization packages and plans and sustainability of community interventions
- Regularly support the documentation and review community level data, including collection processes.
- Responsible for regular and timely updates and reports, including success stories, best practices on demand side activities
- Participate in the design and maintenance of SMS platform, ensuring regular communication to identified stakeholders, on MNCH events, issues and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in social sciences/arts or communication from a recognized higher institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in mobilization and organization of savings and loans groups
- At least 3 years’ practical work experience in the ares of social and behaviour change communication and public relations of public health programs especially MNCH programs
- Experience working with PHC workers, local communities. Ward development communities and social groups
- Experience facilitating focus group discussions and other community participatory processes, Including training's
- Knowledge and experience with some donor program frameworks and approaches will be an added advantage
- The position will require 50% of time spent in the Local Government Areas and communities
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to contribute to research processes and analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong interpersonal, Cultural and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Good working knowledge of Hausa and local cultural norms is a MUST.
Physical Environment and Demands:
- The incumbent will work in a normal work environment and Will move outside the office. Also be willing to work late and on non-working days.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their full CV's and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria Is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.