The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Ref. nr.: 3251113636
Reports to: The Area Manager
Commencement: January 2017
Duration: 12 months
- Develop Shelter strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Responsible for developing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports whilst ensuring integration with other core competencies.
- Overall management of project staff
- Collaborate closely with Shelter working group
- Monitor technical quality of Shelter projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify Shelter operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Shelter expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Shelter assistance in rural and urban contexts in emergency & protracted crisis
- A good understanding and experience with shelter approach in host communities and informal settlements
- Knowledge of Nigeria and/or West Africa an advantage
- Experience with cash and voucher approaches for NFIs and Shelter.
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Note: Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply