Tivas Technology provide technology innovations, turnkey solutions, payment, VAS content-based SMS, USSD, IVR & Data services, m-learning, m-education services, m-health services, m-agriculture services, entertainments, m-commerce, e-commerce and m-government services. We also provide service management and consulting services to both private and public sector organizations.
Reporting to: CEO
Purpose of the Job
- The vision of Tivas is to empower Africans through mobile services and products that promote economic growth, social change and enriched experiences.
- Intrinsic to this vision is defining and creating services for the Next Billion Internet users. This is an opportunity to pioneer & monetize services impacting the daily lives of millions at the different levels of the Pyramid.
Responsibility (Budget, Staff Number)
- This role is responsible for identifying new sales leads, pitching products and/or services to potential customers, maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers and ensuring profitability.
- As Business Development Manager, you will be pivotal in seeking out and developing new opportunities. You will also have proven, demonstrable sales experience. You will be articulate with the confidence to build relationships with key contacts in a variety of industries. You will be a self-starter, who is tenacious and driven to succeed and you will develop innovative new ways to market and sell Tivas’ offerings to its target clientele.
- In close cooperation with the CEO and the Executive Directors, this role will generate business sales across these different sectors and regions.
- This position reports to the CEO.
Duties (Key Result / Tasks)
The following responsibilities are applied in the defined scope:
- Building the Sales Pipeline:
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying customer/consumer requirements; defining market, competitors’ share, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Manage the business pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Constantly evaluates new opportunities for growth through market research, interviews, networks, peers, competitive analysis, etc.
- Tracks competitive offerings and develops the counter offerings.
- Service Sales & Marketing:
- Deliver against set monthly targets and drive direct new business sales to deliver growth.
- Facilitate the growth of the business by establishing strategic plans for the future development of the business as well as to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external entities – such as government organizations, private organizations, coalitions, and business association unions – by networking, sharing information, and identifying areas of mutual interest to foster future interaction and strengthen the company position through a joint sphere of influence.
- Achieve sales and marketing operational objectives within the assigned projects by contributing sales and marketing information and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing action plans; implementing customer-service standards; establishing pricing strategies; monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand; identifying trends; implementing changes; completing audits.
- Meet sales and marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual sales and marketing strategy and budget, and continuously monitoring and reporting on its achievements on a weekly, monthly and annual basis; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Analyze and monitor critical government trends, proposed legislation and regulations and industry issues to provide a consistent and favorable business environment.
- Oversee all customer inquiries and ensure requests are appropriately responded to in a timely manner.
- Coordinate feasibility studies on proposed products in the assigned project; coordinate new product development within the assigned project.
- Prepare weekly sales and marketing reports for submission to the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Know How Required
- Overall business management, pioneering spirit, sales focus and drive, analytical thinking, market expertise, networking & social skills, influencing, conflict resolution, solutions/value/experience sales.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills. Deal maker.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a matrix organization and with virtual teams.
- Socially adept and good with numbers
Professional & Process Skills:
- University degree in Technology, Marketing and/or Business.
- Broad understanding of marketing, service creation, mobile communication, internet services, media and entertainment industries, consumer electronics, experiences & solutions business.
- Knowledge about key customers and competitors.
- Understanding Tivas Technologies strategy and goals and how to align activities to meet them.
- Relationship with other functions All internal customers especially at strategic level
Nature of the Job:
- Impact on business short and mid term success with full business ownership and responsibility to deliver the goals for the business.
- Information This role will be located in Abuja, Nigeria. Some travelling within Nigeria is anticipated as well as occasional travel outside Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.