Infrastructure Finance Transactor at Rand Merchant Bank
Posted on: 8 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Rand Merchant Bank
RMB is one of Africa’s leading investment banks and has extensive experience in financing projects across sub-Saharan Africa. RMB is a significant project lender focusing on niche assets and offering innovative and customized solutions to both the private and public sectors. The Bank’s parent company, FirstRand Limited, is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in Johannesburg and is the largest financial institution in Africa, with a market capitalization of over USD22bn.
RMB Nigeria is recruiting a Transactor in its Infrastructure Finance Department. Transactors are responsible for identifying business opportunities, executing transactions and actively supporting the growth of the franchise across West Africa. As an Infrastructure Finance Transactor you are expected to be the project leader of multidisciplinary teams and professionals who have expertise in the region in which we do business and to work directly with our clients and international and local sponsors.
The successful candidate will:
- Evaluate structure, negotiate, and close new project finance transactions, portfolio restructurings, etc.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities in the Infrastructure space.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for transactions
- Participate in negotiations; use negotiation skills to overcome impasses and finalize negotiations in straightforward transactions.
- Present opportunities to various internal bank committees for approval.
- Work with fellow-team members to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities in the region.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop specific investment opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must have
- A tertiary education with a financial background, with a minimum Second Class Upper division or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- At least 4-8 years’ experience in finance with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments in the infrastructure space
- Technical skills
- General knowledge and understanding of business, industry and the macroeconomic environment.
- Good understanding of financial instruments, products (i.e. derivatives) and markets.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
- Strong existing network of infrastructure sector contacts in West Africa
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends with relevant experience in Nigeria and Ghana, Francophone Africa markets such as Cote d’Ivoire a plus
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Rand Merchant Bank career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Rand Merchant BankSimilar Jobs
- Teller Service Representatives (TSR) at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Workforce Group
- Estate Managers at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Graduate Trainee Accountant at ATACOFF Services LLP
- Job Openings at City Core Cooperative Investment & Credit Society Limited
- Head, Call Center at a Regional Nigerian Bank - Synergy HR Solutions Limited
- Operations Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- Loan Officer at Lubeck Capital
- Standard Chartered Bank Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (3 Positions)