Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Our client an engineering and technology company is looking to fill the position of Business Development Manager.
Function of the Role
The business development manager will be responsible for promoting the products and services of the company. He or she will build market positions for by identifying, developing and negotiating business relationships that translate into sales. He will work to grow the client base of the company, foster client relationships and manage the corporate image of the company.
- Prospect for potential clients; build, grow and maintain these relationships into increased businesses for the company
- Coordinate business development planning and work closely with teams especially marketing and sales to develop proposals for client meetings.
- Identify potential business opportunities and analyze trends in the market space;
- Work closely with technical staff and other internal colleagues for best specifications to meet consumer needs.
- Keep a profile of the current clientele of the business and regularly update the database
- Attend industry specific functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide valuable feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Generate and supervise the execution of marketing campaigns and plans
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, management and Research identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Prepare customer service agreements and other client paper work based on the company policy
- Update and manage the company’s website and social media pages
- Provide weekly progress report, ensuring all data is accurately entered in the knowledge management system.
- Carry out other business development functions as may be required by managemen
Educational Qualification HND, BSC in
- Marketing and Sales
An advanced degree (MBA) would be desirable
3-5 Years experience
Skills and Abilities
- Highly analytical, driven and focused.
- Prospecting and closing skills, sales mapping and planning, territory management, market knowledge, presentation Skills,
- High level of professionalism;
- Able to develop strategic plans for sales; must be motivated to exceed sales targets.
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Networking, prospecting and persuasion skills with the ability to identify the needs and challenges of clients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale