Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Location: Victoria Island
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Function:Business Efficiency
- Contributes to the third party risk management strategy and overall achievement of functional objectives as a member of the SCM team in country.
- Support the Third Party Risk Management Programme (TPRM) to effectively manage third party risk (including intra-group arrangements) in accordance with internal policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provide second line of defence oversight of third party risks, validating and/or escalating, as appropriate, third party risks in alignment with the Board approved risk appetite.
- Ensure the respective contract owners are monitoring, reviewing and mitigating risk associated with the third parties in accordance with the TPRM framework, which includes outsourcing framework.
- Support the implementation of TPRM and processes in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor regulatory changes impacting third party management and ensure TPRM framework and related policies are aligned to regulatory requirements.
- Promote and deliver continuous training and awareness to business on third party risk management.
- Ensure that all third party relationships are captured in a centralised inventory in a timely manner.
- Ensure and assess compliance to TPRM framework and adherence to related policies, including information security requirements.
- Develop, publish and present reports of third party risk oversight activities to key stakeholders and relevant risk committees.
- Support internal/external audit and associated regulatory audit as directed.
- Identify issues and root cause including oversight/facilitations of third party risk mitigation actions.
- Partner with third party management stakeholders (including but not limited to Outsourcing Owners, Contract Managers, Information Security Officers, SCM Category Managers, Business Continuity Manager, etc) to effectively coordinate execute third party risk management controls
Competencies ( Knowledge and skills)
- Experience in third party risk management
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with tight lead times
- Good commercial knowledge with an ability to think strategically
- Good understanding of emerging third party risk that is relevant in financial services industry
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team and the Bank in formulating third party risk management strategy
- Ability to operate in a complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders
- Change management skills and self awareness to adopt varying approaches for different stakeholder dynamics.
- Mental tenacity and analytical mind having the ability to take on tough and complex challenges, yet remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements a plus
Job ID: 542128
Location: Lagos, Nigeria - SCB
Job Function: Retail Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Manage a portion of the Personal Banking Portfolio within Ajose branch with major focus around providing service excallence that will extract value, increase our wallet share of client and ultimately upgrade clients that qualify into the Priority Segment
Job ID: 537326
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: C & I Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
- The VMT’s primary purpose is to enrol suppliers under Global and local VPP programs.
- They will be required to take referrals from Anchor and our enrolment Website, manage the enrolment websites for each Anchor, and make reactive and pro-active calls to suppliers to facilitate interest and enrolment.
Core value proposition of Vendor Management Manager:
- Proactive marketing SCF proposition to suppliers
- Dedicated resource to enrol suppliers in a quick and easy manner
- Offering of a core function demanded by clients
- Ensuring we are competitive – all the competitors have such teams
- Growing the supplier side business where the risk metrics are strong, i.e. off-take is a large buyer
- Support banking the ecosystem and the bank’s overall growth agenda
- Bring in digital tools, i.e. video banking to enhance supplier experience
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage of the Buyers enrolment site
- Marketing to suppliers to gain interest in the program: proactive outbound calling to suppliers to engage them on SCB VPP proposition
- Work closely with Anchor Implementation Manager for supplier enrolment
- Validate pricing agreement made by Anchor RM
- Assist suppliers to understand the legal agreement
- Receive legal agreement
- Cursory check of the agreement and board resolution and other necessary documents to ensure they are in order
- Send for review and signoff said documents
- Coordinate systems setup
- Train suppliers on the system
- Monitor anchor website visit by suppliers to analyse number of suppliers visited/contacted/enrolled
- Periodic outbound proactive calling in managing service experience, resolving issues, etc. related to payment/invoice, etc.
- Work closely with RM, Portfolio Managers and Implementation Managers to ensure enrolment is completed on-time & in-full
- Post enrolment, hand over to CSG for day-to-day servicing
- Hand over to EMT/CB/BB RM for cross-selling
- Comply with ORF guidelines
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and understand to talk VPP program benefits
- Ability to negotiate and understand legal agreements supporting the product
- SCF, Cash and FX competence
- Ability to engage RM, Portfolio Manager & Implementation Manager to ensure bank deliver its commitment
- Share data analytics for management decision making
- Attend industry seminars to gain market knowledge around export business
- Share best practice and benchmark with competitors as part of continuous improvement
- Fluent in English- written and verbal.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.