SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
North-East Nigeria is currently affected by one of the world’s most serious humanitarian crisis. Confronted to Boko Haram’s violence, over 15 000 000 people are affected by the crisis including 7 000 000 in need of emergency humanitarian assistance, over 2 000 000 IDPs and 4,5 million food insecure people.
The Head of mission provides the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF’s operations in Nigeria, and is responsible of the overall program development and program implementation. The Head of mission is responsible for the staff management, the respect of SIF procedures, policies and best practices.
This position includes the identification and securing donor funding as well as representation of SIF toward local authorities, and the different stakeholders (Donors, local NGOs…).
- Leadership of the Country Program
- To maintain and develop SIF’s presence in Nigeria
- To coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction of SIF's operations
- To develop and maintain a coherent strategy that contributes to SIF's global objectives
- To regularly analyze the context, risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the program objectives
- To oversee the field assessments and develop the country strategy for Nigeria
- To assess the donor environment and opportunities for funding, and ensure concept notes and proposals are submitted in coordination with HQ’s strategy
- Develop funding strategies and donor mapping analyses.
- Manage external communications in collaboration with the communications department in Paris. Act as the contact person with press and media.
Staff Management / Human Resources
- Provide leadership and management to the team.
- Participate / oversee the recruitment process of national staff
- Ensure that appropriate logistic structures and procedures are established and / or are maintained in accordance with the SIF guidelines
- Oversee the timely and efficient planning and implementation of procurement and supply of items in line with project needs.
- Ensure adequate management of warehousing, compounds, transportation, goods in kind, and assets according to SIF procedures.
Safety and Security Management
- Monitor the security context (including participating in local/national INGO/UN security meetings) and act on any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required
Administration and Finance
Ensure that appropriate administrative and financial guidelines and procedures are established, maintained / updated regularly and adhered to by the team as well as any basic systems required in country
- Minimum 5 years of Previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Assistant Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
- French fixed term contract
- Duration: 2 months
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover
Starting date: ASAP
Method of Application
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Diversity is a wealth at Secours Islamique France;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.