Latest Job Vacancy at the Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Posted on: 6 February, 2017
Deadline: 13 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
Job ID: #1885174
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the meal Officer will be responsible for all meal related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The meal officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the PM, but will also work closely with the CRS Borno State meal Coordinator for technical support.
- With technical assistance from the Borno MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILER workshop at the project start
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a household level baseline study at the start of the project
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout market assessments for new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s Real Time Evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household surveys, the post distribution market surveys, the baseline study, and the mid-term and final evaluations.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure a timely submission of the baseline study report, post distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedbacks and complaints management reports, and evaluations reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the iFormBuilder (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools and on the utilization of iPads and/or android devices.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- In coordination with the Database Officer, maintain the project’s stock of IT equipment (including vendor phones, program phones, solar panels, Bluetooth printers, etc.).
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile yearly beneficiary data.
- Master’s degree or Engineering Degree in Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ full time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and EXCEL
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware)
Method of Application
Applicants should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Catholic Relief ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Regional Operations and Logistics Coordinator at Creative Associates International Inc
- Coordination and Camp Management Officers at the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Grants and Compliance Advisors at Oxfam Nigeria
- Consultants - Statistician at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Drivers at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Fresh Jobs at Save the Children
- Project Manager (Food Assistance) at ZOA Relief
- Volunteer Grant Resource Officers at Ashoka Nigeria