If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental, youth focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are looking for a visual communication assistant, who can create graphics, enhance photos, organize page layouts or animate moving images amongst others, to join our communication team. This is a full time paid position that will be based in our HQ in Jahi, Abuja.
Do you believe you have the skills to produce eye-catching, professional imagery or design concepts?
Do you have the ability to create stunning info-graphics; motion graphic videos and layouts for publications?
Have you been looking for an opportunity to apply your designing skills for social good and community development?
Why don’t you consider joining Education as a Vaccine.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop visual content, including graphic images, videos for all our communication channels including social media.
- Actively support the communication officer/coordinator in the management of social media platforms
- Contribute to the development of communication materials like annual reports, organizational profiles, presentations that uphold our organization’s mission and values.
- Support the advocacy team and its partner organization efforts in engaging decision makers and influencing policies by designing high quality advocacy campaign messages and materials.
- Support the knowledge management and fundraising teams in creating beautiful communication products shares our achievements, enhances the image of the organization and attracts possible donors and supporters.
The potential candidate will report to the communications officer/coordinator, but will work under the Strategy, Learning and Development Team with 4-5 other members.
- Very creative and crazy about graphic design.
- Ability to use graphic design software such as Adobe In-design, Coral Draw, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Doesn’t mind spending most times on computer but willing to go out into the field and interact with staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Comfortable with using digital cameras and camcorders
- Can work under pressure
- Strong skills in time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Strongly believes in and willing to uphold human rights values and positive youth development
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- No specific educational qualification is necessary, but must have a strong professional, creative portfolio
- Young people, especially young women are strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Education as a Vaccine (EVA) career website on www.evanigeria.org to apply