Latest Job Opportunity at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: 14 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Reports to: The Area Manager
Duration: 12 months
- NRC is looking for an experienced and dedicated education Programme Development Manager (PDM) for our programme in Northern Nigeria. The PDM will be responsible for leading the start-up of the education programme.
- Take the leadership on the start- up of education activities
- Undertake education programme risk analysis applying Education Conflict Sensitivity Approach
- Support in the recruitment of Education staff and development of their work roles and responsibilities
- Identify country programme priorities, problems and challenges from an Education perspective
- Responsible for the development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Develop Education strategy, tools, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Education expertise
- Strong capacity in leading proposal development
- Experience with start-up of programmes
- Experience in implementation and managing of education projects in emergency settings as well as in early recovery
- Experience in programme management associated to education in emergencies, safe school declaration, youth programming and accelerated education
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid drivers license
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- According to NRC's general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
Method of Application
- Commencement in March 2017
- You are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on candidate.webcruiter.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Similar Jobs
- Consultant at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- State Project Managers at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
- Administration & Finance Officer at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Finance Officer at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Fresh Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Consultants at The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Program Manager at Save the Children Nigeria