Architects at Labadok Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: 13 February, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Labadok Nigeria Limited
Labadok was incorporated 1983 by Mr Alaba Smith as a contracting firm forming alliances with foreign technical partners to deliver projects in Nigeria.
Who are we looking for:
- A self-directed, detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn and grow professionally within a small and collaborative team environment, and to learn from talented and experienced colleagues.
- The successful candidate will work on project types that include Governmental, Religious, Private and Residential.
- This position offers the potential to grow into increasing responsibilities and more senior roles within the firm.
- Performs original design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs.
- Analyzes space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs: recommends actions to meet new requirements.
- Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Meet with other departments to determine requirements of projects.
- Assists in the preparation for plans for existing buildings where plans are not available.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawing.
- Reliable and well-organized.
- Assists in preparation of scale drawing of details required for contract drawing.
- Assists in preparation of layout and draws preliminary sketch of project to present to client.
- Assists in developing and/or coordinating development of detailed working drawings and specifications after approval for project has been obtained.
- Reviews work of contractor, verifying specified materials are being used, dimensions are as drawn and quality is according to contract document.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related field AND two (2) years of architectural experience including use of CAD technology with the ability to work on the field; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Communication and project management skills.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural principles and techniques.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of types of building materials and construction methods.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of CAD design.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Junior Architect’.
We look forward to receiving by email only each of the following:
- A cover letter,
- Resume, and
- Work samples.
- No phone calls nor portfolio drop-offs will be accepted.
- This position requires the willingness to expand knowledge in architecture, architectural design techniques and architectural technology.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Labadok Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- GT Mechanical Installation - Azura Edo at NES Global Talent
- Human Resource Roles at Bellforte Consulting
- Account & Admin Officer at TheJobMag
- Teacher - Early Years at Management FIRST
- Lawyers at HT-Limited
- Personal Assistant at Paul Esther Consulting
- ELV Engineer at Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited
- Entry-level Marketing/Sales Officers at W-Holistic Business Solutions