Architects at Labadok Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: 13 February, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Labadok Nigeria Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Labadok was incorporated 1983 by Mr Alaba Smith as a contracting firm forming alliances with foreign technical partners to deliver projects in Nigeria.
Who are we looking for:
- A self-directed, detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn and grow professionally within a small and collaborative team environment, and to learn from talented and experienced colleagues.
- The successful candidate will work on project types that include Governmental, Religious, Private and Residential.
- This position offers the potential to grow into increasing responsibilities and more senior roles within the firm.
- Performs original design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs.
- Analyzes space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs: recommends actions to meet new requirements.
- Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Meet with other departments to determine requirements of projects.
- Assists in the preparation for plans for existing buildings where plans are not available.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawing.
- Reliable and well-organized.
- Assists in preparation of scale drawing of details required for contract drawing.
- Assists in preparation of layout and draws preliminary sketch of project to present to client.
- Assists in developing and/or coordinating development of detailed working drawings and specifications after approval for project has been obtained.
- Reviews work of contractor, verifying specified materials are being used, dimensions are as drawn and quality is according to contract document.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related field AND two (2) years of architectural experience including use of CAD technology with the ability to work on the field; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Communication and project management skills.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural principles and techniques.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of types of building materials and construction methods.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of CAD design.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com with the subject heading 'Junior Architect’.
We look forward to receiving by email only each of the following:
- A cover letter,
- Resume, and
- Work samples.
- No phone calls nor portfolio drop-offs will be accepted.
- This position requires the willingness to expand knowledge in architecture, architectural design techniques and architectural technology.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Labadok Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Sales Executives at Smart Partners Consulting
- Site Engineer at HReade Limited
- Video Editor at AIM Group Limited
- Admin/ Admissions Officer at MasterMindsHRSG Consulting
- Warehouse Coordinator at Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL)
- Marketing Executives at a Wine and Beverage Company - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- HR/Admin Manager at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Accountant at First Excelsia